Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Testing the reciever for Audio compatability
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've got a  Samsung HW KM57C  that is connected to my TV via a TOS link cable and then the TV is connected to my media box via a libcec/pulse adapter. 

So:

Kodi-> Pulse CEC-> TV -> Sound systemt

The tv is set to use Bitstream audio.

When I have the audio passthrough options enabled (Dolby digital etc enabled), there are a few issues that I get:

1. When the compatible options are enabled I get no sound. (Dolby digital, dts, truehd, etc)
2. When I select a 5.1 sound system..
I often times don't get much audio, and when I do it's really quiet. (It's only selective about partiuclar channels)
2.1 with the same audio - it plays without an issue.

I've got a few questions:
1. Where can I find audio files to verify the support on my reciever?
2. Why is Kodi behaving like this? How can I debug this issue?

Linux amsterdam 5.2.9-arch1-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Aug 16 11:29:43 UTC 2019 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Install Method: Arch Pacman

Version: 18.3 GIT:20190624-nogitfound
Note: Can't edit the post but the manual doesn't say what exact codecs the reciever supports. The reciever has 2 speakers in the main, 2 in the back, and a sub woofer.
New Update: 4.1 sound works. Dolby Digital Plus is not supported. 5.1 channels doesn't work but the reciever claims to be 5.1.
Toslink is your problem. Connect the PC to AVR directly. Toslink can only do AC3 and DTS , behind the TV most likely only AC3