Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Poor video quality 720p
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a problem that I can't seem to solve on my own.
720p/24 looks horrible on my tv. I checked the tv's resolution and it's displaying 720p so the resolution changes like it should but the picture is like oversaturated and way too oversharp. Very nasty looking.
720p/25 works great and looks very good on this tv. What could be the issue?
Every other resolution works great but with 720p/24 something's not right. This also happens with MrMC. I can provide video of this and logs if needed.

My tv is Sony Bravia X900F and I'm using Nvidia Shield TV with Kodi Leia 18.3.
I’ve installed Kodi on the Sony tv 900f just for the 720p stuff which then plays fine. Both MrMC (auto resolution on) and Kodi playing 720p/24 (whitelisted) on the nvidia shield is as the OP states. Android Oreo and pie on the shield both display this problem on the 900f.
I also have the same setup with shield connected to an Lg C8 and 720p playback is fine.
(2019-08-30, 16:34)Audiomixer Wrote: [ -> ]I’ve installed Kodi on the Sony tv 900f just for the 720p stuff which then plays fine. Both MrMC (auto resolution on) and Kodi playing 720p/24 (whitelisted) on the nvidia shield is as the OP states. Android Oreo and pie on the shield both display this problem on the 900f.
I also have the same setup with shield connected to an Lg C8 and 720p playback is fine.it

I'm relieved that someone else is also having this issue. Is the problem with Shield or Kodi? That remains to be seen.
I’m thinking gotta be the Sony 900f since MrMC and Kodi both play nice on my Lg C8 Oled using the shield.

On edit: the Lg C8 using the shield and Kodi on whitelist only lists 50, 59.94, and 60 under 720p. On the Sony 900f, in addition, lists 23.97, 24, 25, and 30. If I uncheck the last four and save and then playback the 720 content, it looks normal yet when pressing the display button on the remote shows 720p.