Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2020-07-18, 21:12)tromy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-07-18, 18:16)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-07-18, 17:52)tromy Wrote: [ -> ]After the last updates channel switching is slower than before.I think that started to happen after update f but I'm not so sure.In previous versions changing from one channel to another was too fast but now it takes about 4 sec.Guess that other users face the same issue and it's not something in my end.

Thank you

The only change was playlist queue size... are you using playlist playback?
No,I always use PVR Callback
Are you using a combination of live and local channels? Or Just Local channels?
I noticed this evening that the channels I created earlier today (Live and Local), was also causing a delay of 5-6 secs with my channel switches on the local channels. I only tested the channel switches on the live channels earlier today.
I then deleted my PTVL m3u, xmltv and settings file and started from scratch by selecting some new local channels only. Channels switches are now back to normal (like 1 sec).
Might be worth a try?

Edit: Soz, Lunatixz. I didn't see your response before I posted.
(2020-07-17, 23:59)mwkurt Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Lunatixz,

My testing of Rev. G so far. Please remember I am using a Windows 7 PC and keyboard. Playlist Mode, Upon initial opening of the EPG. Scroll
down "down arrow" to select an episode at the "Now Time". Using "Play From Here" in context menu, the episode after the episode at the "now time"
plays. The EPG goes away and all is good. The next episode plays afterwards, as I expect it would. (Have to say here that the problem I have been complaining about
is most likely, user error. Have been used to using PseudoTV)

If I open the EPG and move forward on the time line to select a different episode to watch. Press "C", context menu open and select" Play from here",
the selected video plays, but the EPG stays open and the video plays underneath the EPG. Actually it looks as though this happens however I select
a different episode or channel using the "Play from Here" context menu item.

Another possible bug. When Choosing to use the "Switch to channel" item on the context menu, the channel is switched properly, but the video
at the "now Time" will play in an endless loop.

Sorry, forgot the log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gb10j084kmk5i6w/kodi.log?dl=0

Still testing,
MArk
Lunatixz,

Was wondering if these thing I reported yesterday evening were expected behavior or not?

Thanks,
Mark
I've been running all those new version without noticing any bug. Really nice

I want to give "multiroom" feature but have some doubts about the instructions.

Code:
General Information:
For "Multi-Room", A single instance of PseudoTV Live is needed. Under PseudoTV Live's settings "Options" change the file location to a shared path. On your client device configure IPTV Simple to use those files. All instances of Kodi must be configured for sharing. ie. Shared/Mapped Drives and mySQL DB.

I know the instructions say to use mySQL DB, but I is there a way to use it somehow just setting up that same source paths on both kodi installations?

It would be good to avoid using a mySQL DB.

The isntructions say to use only one instance of pseudotv but, since the m3u referes to pseudotv plugin I'm assuming I need to install PseudoTV on both machines and leave the client without configuration. Is it correct?
(2020-07-19, 16:49)psicotron3 Wrote: [ -> ]I've been running all those new version without noticing any bug. Really nice

Code:
General Information:
For "Multi-Room", A single instance of PseudoTV Live is needed. Under PseudoTV Live's settings "Options" change the file location to a shared path. On your client device configure IPTV Simple to use those files. All instances of Kodi must be configured for sharing. ie. Shared/Mapped Drives and mySQL DB.

I know the instructions say to use mySQL DB, but I is there a way to use it somehow just setting up that same source paths on both kodi installations?

The isntructions say to use only one instance of pseudotv but, since the m3u referes to pseudotv plugin I'm assuming I need to install PseudoTV on both machines and leave the client without configuration. Is it correct?

Kodi MUST be set up with a centralized database with static shares inorder to work...  https://kodi.wiki/view/MySQL/Setting_up_Kodi

You are welcome to play around with Kodi's UPNP sharing... and report back if you are able to find a workaround to MySQL.
After yesterday's successful test with loading an m3u file for Live Tv channels, I then removed all traces of my set-up from PTVL (m3u, xmltv, settings) and started fresh by creating some local channels, but I'm seeing some strange behaviour today.
When I start Kodi the local channels I created will build OK and load into the EPG, but very shortly afterwards I start to see items in guide saying 'No Information Available' If scroll down the guide a few times, this seems to cause the problem to get worse with most of the local channels saying 'No Information Available'. The only other time I've seen the same thing happen is when I previously tried to create live and local channels and then removed the imported live channel m3u and xmltv file afterwards. It's quite strange because I deleted everything in the PTVL userdata folder and even deleted the EPG DB file, but the problem still persists once I restarted Kodi.
I ran a debug log to capture this happening, but the log was too big for a single file in Pastebin. I have therefore split it in half and created 2 files, called part1 and part2:-

Debug Logs:- Kodi Log - Part 1 and Kodi Log - Part 2

Hope this helps and they will show what's happening.
(2020-07-19, 18:21)Dumyat Wrote: [ -> ]After yesterday's successful test with loading an m3u file for Live Tv channels, I then removed all traces of my set-up from PTVL (m3u, xmltv, settings) and started fresh by creating some local channels, but I'm seeing some strange behaviour today.
When I start Kodi the local channels I created will build OK and load into the EPG, but very shortly afterwards I start to see items in guide saying 'No Information Available' If scroll down the guide a few times, this seems to cause the problem to get worse with most of the local channels saying 'No Information Available'. The only other time I've seen the same thing happen is when I previously tried to create live and local channels and then removed the imported live channel m3u and xmltv file afterwards. It's quite strange because I deleted everything in the PTVL userdata folder and even deleted the EPG DB file, but the problem still persists once I restarted Kodi.
I ran a debug log to capture this happening, but the log was too big for a single file in Pastebin. I have therefore split it in half and created 2 files, called part1 and part2:-

Debug Logs:- Kodi Log - Part 1 and Kodi Log - Part 2

Hope this helps and they will show what's happening.

Open Pseudos xmltv file... if you see plots, titles, etc... you'll know if the issue is NOT coming from PseudoTV....

My guess is the epg.db got screwed up, del and clear data should help.... Keep me updated Smile THX
(2020-07-19, 18:33)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]My guess is the epg.db got screwed up, del and clear data should help.... Keep me updated Smile THX
Checked Psuedotv Live xmltv file and Plot details were on the file.

Ok, so I've deleted the following on 4 separate occasions:-
Psuedotv Live m3u, Pseudotv xmltv, epgdb13 file, so no real need to clear channel and guide data as well.
Also restarted the machine with Matrix installed twice, restarted the machine hosting the drives with my content once, but the problem still persisted.
In addition to the guide saying 'No Information Available', on some channels I could not navigate to the right. On other channels where I could navigate right, I then found I couldn't navigate back to the left where I had come from.
As a last ditch attempt, I ran disk clean up and deleted my temporary files, emptied the recycle bin, etc, etc,  as I've found this to help sometimes in the past.
Upon re-booting and re-starting Kodi, everything seemed to be back to normal and was running fine for 10 mins or so. However, when I navigated to the right, I started to see 'No information Available' appearing on the guide screen for some channels tomorrow morning. By the time I navigated back to the left and the 'current time', every channel was saying 'No Information Available'.
So, I'm not sure what else I can do at this stage, as I'm out of ideas for clearing whatever is causing the issue. The only other thing I'm going to try, is disabling the NextPRV client I'm running at the moment for my live channels and see if the problem still exists after doing so.
Actually, what does the filelock.dat file do in the PsudoTv live userdata folder? I've never that there previously until today.

EDIT: Disabling the NextPvr Client, made no difference and the problem still exists.
(2020-07-19, 18:18)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-07-19, 16:49)psicotron3 Wrote: [ -> ]I've been running all those new version without noticing any bug. Really nice

Code:
General Information:

Kodi MUST be set up with a centralized database with static shares inorder to work...  https://kodi.wiki/view/MySQL/Setting_up_Kodi

You are welcome to play around with Kodi's UPNP sharing... and report back if you are able to find a workaround to MySQL.
I was successful on my multiroom tests without MySQL database. Don't even need to keep Kodi program open on master/server. Just needed to open kodi once to generate the channels.

Just putting everything on a smb share and setting BOTH machines (the local/master machine and the client machine) with the same sources paths (all pointing to smb://somewhre) did the trick.

I'm not even sure if I need to setup the sources on client machines. I have the feeling it'll work without it. I'll test later.

Mistakes I did before getting it to work:
a) PseudoTV must be installed on both machines but must be left without configuration on the client (just installed and left untouched).
b) Having local sources paths on the master machine (E:\something) and using path substitution on client (E:\something to smb://something with advancedsettings.xml) did not work.
(2020-07-20, 04:12)psicotron3 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-07-19, 18:18)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]

Code:
General Information:

I was successful on my multiroom tests without MySQL database. Don't even need to keep Kodi program open on master/server. Just needed to open kodi once to generate the channels.

Just putting everything on a smb share and setting BOTH machines (the local/master machine and the client machine) with the same sources paths (all pointing to smb://somewhre) did the trick.

I'm not even sure if I need to setup the sources on client machines. I have the feeling it'll work without it. I'll test later.

Mistakes I did before getting it to work:
a) PseudoTV must be installed on both machines but must be left without configuration on the client (just installed and left untouched).
b) Having local sources paths on the master machine (E:\something) and using path substitution on client (E:\something to smb://something with advancedsettings.xml) did not work.
Master doesn't have to be open but should be running as it keeps the xmltv meta updated.

Kodis DB, SQLite and MySQL both store relative information by path found in sources.xml. I wouldn't recommend running a multi-room Kodi setup without MySQL; however, I guess if the sources.xml files are the same/paths are the same... all is good.
I'd appreciate feedback on the stability of the latest build... anyone experiencing issues?
(2020-07-22, 22:17)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]I'd appreciate feedback on the stability of the latest build... anyone experiencing issues?

Hey @lunatixz!

First off, thank you for your hard work on this excellent project!

I've been using PseudoTV Live Beta behind the scenes since the first release.

My experience has been good so far.  Most of my issues have been worked out in subsequent releases.

But since you asked for feedback for the newest release (XXXh) I thought I'd start posting my current issues now.

1. When one video ends and another begins, the new video begins at the 2:15 mark.
2. In an effort for a seamless experience, is there a way to have the EPG not show during the switch between videos on the same channel?
3. This may be related to issue 1... on the time position bar for any given video, a small 5-pixel high marker can be seen ahead of the actual time position marker.

Thanks again for your work on this!  I've wanted something like this FOREVER!

Beau
(2020-07-22, 22:17)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]I'd appreciate feedback on the stability of the latest build... anyone experiencing issues?
It's working without problems for me. Smile
(2020-07-23, 02:32)psicotron3 Wrote: [ -> ]
It's working without problems for me. Smile
Awesome! I'm looking forward to releasing the second wave of beta features!
(2020-07-23, 01:40)momaw27 Wrote: [ -> ]

Hey @lunatixz!

First off, thank you for your hard work on this excellent project!

I've been using PseudoTV Live Beta behind the scenes since the first release.

My experience has been good so far.  Most of my issues have been worked out in subsequent releases.

But since you asked for feedback for the newest release (XXXh) I thought I'd start posting my current issues now.

1. When one video ends and another begins, the new video begins at the 2:15 mark.
2. In an effort for a seamless experience, is there a way to have the EPG not show during the switch between videos on the same channel?
3. This may be related to issue 1... on the time position bar for any given video, a small 5-pixel high marker can be seen ahead of the actual time position marker.

Thanks again for your work on this!  I've wanted something like this FOREVER!

Beau

1. Adjust PTV's Seek Tolerance to something above 120 seconds
2. Enable Overlay in settings.... FYI Once enabled the overlay only runs while user activity is idle...
3. Kodi's EPG handles this... and its a matter of pixels vs relative time and backend redraw rates. ie. Not something that Pseudo can fix; Sometimes when media doesn't end exactly on the hour mark... the EPG timeline bar may appear inaccurate. Double-check start times to be sure... and Once BCT's are added to BETA you'll beable to round out a 45min show to 1 full hr with bumpers, etc... this helps the EPG appear in sync.
Tonight's update will feature "pre-defined" music genres... This is the final feature of this round of BETA testing. Next will be "user-defined" channels... ie. Plugins, Nodes, Smart-Playlists, UPNP...

Please test the new channel type by selecting a few music genres (requires music scraped to Kodi's library) in settings. You can find the channels in the radio section of Kodi's PVR. 

Any suggestions, feedback is appreciated. THX