Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2020-08-18, 21:29)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]v.0.2.0 will be the start to round two beta features...

Introduction to "User-defined" custom channels... Plugins, Nodes, Directories, Smart playlists, UPNP sources....  Anything goes!! if its a source in Kodi it can be integrated into PseudoTV Live. One stipulation... content must have duration meta; If a plugin doesn't work, contact the developer to incorporate duration meta into the plugins listitems. Open settings and select Channel Manager, UI should be intuitive. However, if you encounter errors or have feedback nows the time to voice them. THX

Lastly, a recent feature poll regarding the faux static background was decisive! No more static! v.0.2.0 has a very early UI for its successor ... I'm not a skilled skinner, I'm looking for anyone with the skills and time to whip up something nice! volunteers?

THX

Lunatixz,

Was curious, is there going to be a way to hide channels, interleave channels, etc? Basically, will there be channel rules as in the old PTV?

Thanks,
Mark
(2020-08-19, 13:49)mwkurt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-08-18, 21:29)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]v.0.2.0 will be the start to round two beta features...

Introduction to "User-defined" custom channels... Plugins, Nodes, Directories, Smart playlists, UPNP sources....  Anything goes!! if its a source in Kodi it can be integrated into PseudoTV Live. One stipulation... content must have duration meta; If a plugin doesn't work, contact the developer to incorporate duration meta into the plugins listitems. Open settings and select Channel Manager, UI should be intuitive. However, if you encounter errors or have feedback nows the time to voice them. THX

Lastly, a recent feature poll regarding the faux static background was decisive! No more static! v.0.2.0 has a very early UI for its predecessor... I'm not a skilled skinner, I'm looking for anyone with the skills and time to whip up something nice! volunteers?

THX

Lunatixz,

Was curious, is there going to be a way to hide channels, interleave channels, etc? Basically, will there be channel rules as in the old PTV?

Thanks,
Mark

Yes and No... Adv. rules will be added in the final stage of betas. Most of the rules will be familiar to what you remember in the org. PseudoTV... and many new ones! There will be interleaving, but no hiding channels. When Adv. rules are in beta I'll take suggestions for new rules.
When adding short videos to your channels are they automatically hidden in the guide still or is that considered a feature released later? Have not actually attempted to do this yet as I’m res taping everything into Kodi and starting fresh. Yes I gave up on Kodi when pseudo disappeared lol. It’s my favorite part so I’m glad it is back!! Also what are you looking for in relation to your request for volunteers? An actual skinner or someone to design a layout?
(2020-08-20, 00:02)joeyd2424 Wrote: [ -> ]When adding short videos to your channels are they automatically hidden in the guide still or is that considered a feature released later? Have not actually attempted to do this yet as I’m res taping everything into Kodi and starting fresh. Yes I gave up on Kodi when pseudo disappeared lol. It’s my favorite part so I’m glad it is back!! Also what are you looking for in relation to your request for volunteers? An actual skinner or someone to design a layout?
No short video hiding, I can add an adv. rule to do so when the time comes... Do you have a specific reason for asking? If its for interleaving and Bumpers, etc... it's already hidden and covered under a new adv. rule.

Both, I guess... I'd prefer someone with skinning skills to use my current example to create a great looking screen. I'd also be happy with someone with an eye for design creating something I can mimic.
Ahh my reasoning is that for various content I have acquired clips that say coming up next and then the title of the movie or show. When I make a playlist I place them between the media so that they are in the proper place and not randomized.
I am definitely not a skinner but I do enjoy designing things. If. I can create a worthwhile scheme i will send it your way
(2020-08-20, 07:21)joeyd2424 Wrote: [ -> ]Ahh my reasoning is that for various content I have acquired clips that say coming up next and then the title of the movie or show. When I make a playlist I place them between the media so that they are in the proper place and not randomized.
I am definitely not a skinner but I do enjoy designing things. If. I can create a worthwhile scheme i will send it your way
There is an adv. channel rule designed for post/pre roll interleaving that automatically "hides" the meta from the EPG. This will probably be the only "hide" channel feature as I don't see any reason outside of bumper interleaving to use it.

Thx for the offer...
(2020-08-20, 14:32)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-08-20, 07:21)joeyd2424 Wrote: [ -> ]Ahh my reasoning is that for various content I have acquired clips that say coming up next and then the title of the movie or show. When I make a playlist I place them between the media so that they are in the proper place and not randomized.
There is an adv. channel rule designed for post/pre roll interleaving that automatically "hides" the meta from the EPG. This will probably be the only "hide" channel feature as I don't see any reason outside of bumper interleaving to use it.

Thx for the offer...

Lunatixz,

Wanted to chime in, in the hopes of getting more hidden channels or a way to do this in the new PTVL.

Because of the way that Kodi creates playlists of show that are to be played in order, as discussed here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...t=playlist
I have had to use many channels in the old PTV for single shows, played in episode order, interleaved into a main channel that is then allowed to be shown. This is the only way to get a channel to play numerous shows, in order, and not have one show dominate the channel until other unwatched episodes are found.

Is there a way that you have cooked up to accomplish this in the new PTVL?

Thanks,
Mark
(2020-08-22, 15:00)mwkurt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-08-20, 14:32)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]

Thx for the offer...

Lunatixz,

Wanted to chime in, in the hopes of getting more hidden channels or a way to do this in the new PTVL.

Because of the way that Kodi creates playlists of show that are to be played in order, as discussed here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...t=playlist
I have had to use many channels in the old PTV for single shows, played in episode order, interleaved into a main channel that is then allowed to be shown. This is the only way to get a channel to play numerous shows, in order, and not have one show dominate the channel until other unwatched episodes are found.

Is there a way that you have cooked up to accomplish this in the new PTVL?

Thanks,
Mark

I believe you are jumping the gun... User-defined channels haven't been released yet... nor Adv. rules.  I do not plan on adding hidden channels, I chose to deal with "hidden" content for this project differently. Is there an element built into this project to "hide" content from the EPG yes, can you hide a full channel no!

I suggest you play around with smartplaylist and nodes... try this: https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Library_Node_Editor. The bulk of channel sorting methods are in adv. rules; you'll have to wait for that round of beta features. BTW you can always create your own adv. "rule" type and handle content how you like. I'll be more than happy to include it in the project... feel free to bring this issue up again after Adv. rules are released. 

THX
v.0.2.0 Released, Please checkout changelog, link found in OP / Project Thread.

Start clean for this build, delete existing PseudoTV.m3u, PseudoTV.xml, Settings.xml and Channels.json, THX!
(2020-08-24, 17:12)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]v.0.2.0 Released, Please checkout changelog, link found in OP / Project Thread.

Start clean for this build, delete existing PseudoTV.m3u, PseudoTV.xml, Settings.xml and Channels.json, THX!
Hi Lunatixz,

Thanks for the update, I'm getting an error message - log file is here - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing

Many thanks
(2020-08-24, 18:04)Buff Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-08-24, 17:12)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]v.0.2.0 Released, Please checkout changelog, link found in OP / Project Thread.

Hi Lunatixz,

Thanks for the update, I'm getting an error message - log file is here - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing

Many thanks
I'm unable to duplicate this issue with a clean start, only when using old files mentioned above can I raise this error.

Please confirm you deleted all the files mentioned above and reboot Kodi. I believe this should fix things... Please let me know, THX.
(2020-08-24, 20:05)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-08-24, 18:04)Buff Wrote: [ -> ]

Hi Lunatixz,

Many thanks
I'm unable to duplicate this issue with a clean start, only when using old files mentioned above can I raise this error.

Please confirm you deleted all the files mentioned above and reboot Kodi. I believe this should fix things... Please let me know, THX.
Hi, I did indeed delete them all - will try again shortly
(2020-08-24, 20:14)Buff Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-08-24, 20:05)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-08-24, 18:04)Buff Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Lunatixz,

Many thanks

Hi, I did indeed delete them all - will try again shortly

All working fine after deleting a second time, many thanks
Hi Lunatix!

Thanks again for your work on this!

I'm probably the only one in the universe that wants the following feature, so feel free to pay no attention to it, but nonetheless, it's something I'm looking for:

I have a dream of creating a fully functional Old Time Radio setup akin to the way PseudoTV works.  Scheduled programs that give the illusion that my local media is a radio station.  is this possible with PseudoTV?  I realize this strays from the original purpose of PseudoTV, but if I can utilize the functionality of it to simulate a radio station with a schedule that would be amazing.

I imagine a lot of this will come to fruition after rules are enabled... but I'd like to have program A play every Friday's at 6:00PM followed by program B, C, and D.  Thus approximating a radio station from the 1940's.

Is this something PseudoTV could do?

Thanks again!

Beau
(2020-08-25, 19:50)momaw27 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Lunatix!

Thanks again for your work on this!

I'm probably the only one in the universe that wants the following feature, so feel free to pay no attention to it, but nonetheless, it's something I'm looking for:

I have a dream of creating a fully functional Old Time Radio setup akin to the way PseudoTV works.  Scheduled programs that give the illusion that my local media is a radio station.  is this possible with PseudoTV?  I realize this strays from the original purpose of PseudoTV, but if I can utilize the functionality of it to simulate a radio station with a schedule that would be amazing.

I imagine a lot of this will come to fruition after rules are enabled... but I'd like to have program A play every Friday's at 6:00PM followed by program B, C, and D.  Thus approximating a radio station from the 1940's.

Is this something PseudoTV could do?

Thanks again!

Beau

THX for the feedback, There will be adv. lineup scheduling for 'video' content... however, radio (music) is handled differently... Currently, all I have planned for 'radio' is building up the UI and if possible improving genre detection/channel creation. When this project nears final release maybe we can revisit how 'radio' channels are handled.