Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Lunatix,
Have updated to the latest release and now had a chance to create some user defined channels.
Everything is working fine on my set-up. Channel switches are fast and fluid and no problems when scrolling down the EPG with my 48 channels configured currently. I really like the ease of use for creating user defined channels via the Channel Manager.
I'm still not getting any channel logo's for my custom user defined channels. I added 3-4 in the logo folder as a test and they are named exactly the same as the channel name, but they still don't appear? Is that how they should be named and where they should be placed?
I also noticed, quite by accident that on the left side of the channel manager users can select the channel logo from there as well, but I couldn't select default logo folder. I tried selecting a couple of logo's from a folder in 'My Documents', but unfortunately these didn't show up either. It's weird, because pre-defined channels show the logo.
I know you said previously that users would be able to create their own channel group(s), when creating user defined channels, but I couldn't find any option to do this. In the end, I just chose the Movie Genre and TV Network pre-defined groups.
When I updated to this release, some channels were auto-tuned. Is this the default behaviour now? Could an option be added to disable this, as I didn't really want these channels and immediately deleted them after they were created.
Anyway, great job and great update! Smile
Cheers
@Lunatixz , thanks for the 0.2.0 release.  I am experiencing an issue that I wanted to run by you.  I deleted the files as you mentioned, and cleared Live TV data through settings.  I restarted Kodi.  So, at this point, no user-defined channels and no pre-configured channels.  I then proceeded to create three channels based on playlists.  I let Pseudo TV Live build and when I look at the guide, there are four channels instead of three, there is a "News" movie genre channel that I did not create.  The addon settings say that there are no pre-configured channels.  How do I get rid of that, is this something by design or is this a bug?

Here is my debug log: https://pastebin.com/A5th4htp

Please let me know if there is additional info that you would like me to provide.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-08-26, 17:05)Dumyat Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Lunatix,
Have updated to the latest release and now had a chance to create some user defined channels.
Everything is working fine on my set-up. Channel switches are fast and fluid and no problems when scrolling down the EPG with my 48 channels configured currently. I really like the ease of use for creating user defined channels via the Channel Manager.
I'm still not getting any channel logo's for my custom user defined channels. I added 3-4 in the logo folder as a test and they are named exactly the same as the channel name, but they still don't appear? Is that how they should be named and where they should be placed?
I also noticed, quite by accident that on the left side of the channel manager users can select the channel logo from there as well, but I couldn't select default logo folder. I tried selecting a couple of logo's from a folder in 'My Documents', but unfortunately these didn't show up either. It's weird, because pre-defined channels show the logo.
I know you said previously that users would be able to create their own channel group(s), when creating user defined channels, but I couldn't find any option to do this. In the end, I just chose the Movie Genre and TV Network pre-defined groups.
When I updated to this release, some channels were auto-tuned. Is this the default behaviour now? Could an option be added to disable this, as I didn't really want these channels and immediately deleted them after they were created.
Anyway, great job and great update! Smile
Cheers

Thanks for the feedback, I've also noticed a big improvement in speed... I don't believe I can gain any more performance out of the current code, but I'll keep trying Smile

Channel Manager should find the same logos as pre-defined; if the name matches a resource item, ie NBC.png matches a channel named NBC, I'll look into why this isn't happening.

Next update will allow users to add custom group types... as for autotune, no plans to disable... meant for new users, if you don't want the channels. Create a few custom channels then navigate to "pre-defined" and clear channels. THX
(2020-08-26, 17:13)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-08-26, 17:05)Dumyat Wrote: [ -> ] 
if you don't want the channels. Create a few custom channels then navigate to "pre-defined" and clear channels. THX
Ahh, Ok. I understand about the new users. The solution you provided is perfect anyway.
Not sure if this is possible to code, but is there anyway to avoid duplicates happening at the same time on different channels. I noticed last night I had 2 different movie channels showing the same movie and 2 different TV Network channels doing the same thing with a TV show. Hadn't really noticed if it was happening previously (Possibly because I now have 3 times as many channels), but I've just seen the same thing today with 2 different movie channels.

Also, I've noticed when channel surfing, I get the 'Pause' button on my OSD for some items, but is unavailable for other items. I couldn't really understand if there was any particular reason that might cause such behaviour?
(2020-08-26, 18:10)Dumyat Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-08-26, 17:13)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-08-26, 17:05)Dumyat Wrote: [ -> ] 
if you don't want the channels. Create a few custom channels then navigate to "pre-defined" and clear channels. THX
Ahh, Ok. I understand about the new users. The solution you provided is perfect anyway.
Not sure if this is possible to code, but is there anyway to avoid duplicates happening at the same time on different channels. I noticed last night I had 2 different movie channels showing the same movie and 2 different TV Network channels doing the same thing with a TV show. Hadn't really noticed if it was happening previously (Possibly because I now have 3 times as many channels), but I've just seen the same thing today with 2 different movie channels.

Also, I've noticed when channel surfing, I get the 'Pause' button on my OSD for some items, but is unavailable for other items. I couldn't really understand if there was any particular reason that might cause such behaviour?
When adv. rules are added please bring this issue up again, I can add a "seeding" option as a new rule type which would "reseed" the random algorithm per/channel for better results. Otherwise, your only solution is to set your custom channels (smartplaylists,nodes) as random and hope for the best.

Not sure about the OSD, It's all provided by Kodi, PseudoTV Live passes everything to its player... The only difference I'm aware of is if you change "playback method" playlists will show a normal playback OSD, compared with PVR. Also, keep in mind "OnDemand" and "Play from here" are treated as playlists, regardless of your "playback method" setting.
@Lunatixz , the new channel manager dialog does not look good in the skin I maintain (Amber).  If I place a "plugin.video.pseudotv.live.manager.xml" file in my skin's xml folder, will the addon use that instead of its default one? Please let me know, so I can go ahead and skin that dialog for Amber.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-08-26, 23:31)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@Lunatixz , the new channel manager dialog does not look good in the skin I maintain (Amber).  If I place a "plugin.video.pseudotv.live.manager.xml" file in my skin's xml folder, will the addon use that instead of its default one? Please let me know, so I can go ahead and skin that dialog for Amber.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Screenshot?
(2020-08-27, 00:26)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-08-26, 23:31)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@Lunatixz , the new channel manager dialog does not look good in the skin I maintain (Amber).  If I place a "plugin.video.pseudotv.live.manager.xml" file in my skin's xml folder, will the addon use that instead of its default one? Please let me know, so I can go ahead and skin that dialog for Amber.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Screenshot?
Here it is:

Regards,

Bart
(2020-08-27, 00:30)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-08-27, 00:26)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]

Regards,

Bart
Screenshot?
Here it is:

Regards,

Bart
I'll include a fix in the next update.
Pushed v.0.2.0c, must start clean! Hopefully last time...

To make it easier there is a new option under "utilities", "start clean". It will delete all necessary files. Which include if you'd like to manually delete them. Pseudotv.m3u, PseudoTV.xmltv, Settings.xml, Channels.json, Genre.xml... THX
@Lunatixz First, I just want to say I am super excited to be trying out this new version!

Are multiple channels supported using the same playlist at this time?  e.g.  I use the same playlist "80's"  (all 1980's movies) to create channels 80-85, but currently, it appears that only 1 first one is built and shown in the guide, the others never get created, though they do show up in the channel manager gui and the channels.json file.
(2020-08-27, 04:03)ThorC1138 Wrote: [ -> ]@Lunatixz First, I just want to say I am super excited to be trying out this new version!

Are multiple channels supported using the same playlist at this time?  e.g.  I use the same playlist "80's"  (all 1980's movies) to create channels 80-85, but currently, it appears that only 1 first one is built and shown in the guide, the others never get created, though they do show up in the channel manager gui and the channels.json file.

Can you post the channels.json thx

::Update::

Tested and working... Try starting clean and re-creating the channels via the manager.

BTW until Adv. rules are added both channels will appear as 1:1 copies, ie. same lineup, and content.
Does anyone have feedback on ease of use, setup, general intuitiveness of v.0.2.0c?

From install, autotuning... adding pre-defined, user-defined channels. Anything I can add or change to improve a neophytes understanding of the software and how to configure? 

Do any wording or descriptions need improvement? THX
(2020-08-27, 16:14)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone have feedback on ease of use, setup, general intuitiveness of v.0.2.0c?
Just about to update now. Will get back to you....
should i remove and reinstall your repo?  still showing 0.2.0a if I go to update..