Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2020-07-09, 00:06)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]I"m spotting three issues with playback... all of them unique.

1: Shared Password protection: All Kodi media should automatically negotiate your "saved" user:password that already grants you access from Kodi to your network. Twice on my end I've seen otherwise...

2. Kodis PVR will update meta (ie EPG shows info); however, Kodis JSONRPC is not finding the updated meta and is either returning old or empty meta.

3. IPTV simples M3U file (update) detection is treated a little differently then I expected...

Please test subversion "m" Issues 2/3 might have been fixed... looking good on my end!
Good news. Now it doesn't crash when changing to the next video. Version m fixed that bug. Looks like you sorted out issues 2 and 3.

On the other end, to clarify the issue I found with "smb" network paths I produced a new log with the new version and added some Movie Channels. The Movies Channels, with files stored on the same network share as the "TV Shows",  are working just fine. The "TV Shows" channels still don't show up at EPG, m3u or xmltv.

https://pastebin.com/E9WhnNra

And, since kodi is running on the same machine of the smb shares, I didn't specify a password on kodi sources setup.

Anyway. Thanks for the new version. I'll give it a good use and watch some tv tonight until I fall asleep Smile
(2020-07-09, 00:54)psicotron3 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-07-09, 00:06)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]I"m spotting three issues with playback... all of them unique.

1: Shared Password protection: All Kodi media should automatically negotiate your "saved" user:password that already grants you access from Kodi to your network. Twice on my end I've seen otherwise...

2. Kodis PVR will update meta (ie EPG shows info); however, Kodis JSONRPC is not finding the updated meta and is either returning old or empty meta.

3. IPTV simples M3U file (update) detection is treated a little differently then I expected...

Please test subversion "m" Issues 2/3 might have been fixed... looking good on my end!
Good news. Now it doesn't crash when changing to the next video. Version m fixed that bug. Looks like you sorted out issues 2 and 3.

On the other end, to clarify the issue I found with "smb" network paths I produced a new log with the new version and added some Movie Channels. The Movies Channels, with files stored on the same network share as the "TV Shows",  are working just fine. The "TV Shows" channels still don't show up at EPG, m3u or xmltv.

https://pastebin.com/E9WhnNra

And, since kodi is running on the same machine of the smb shares, I didn't specify a password on kodi sources setup.

Anyway. Thanks for the new version. I'll give it a good use and watch some tv tonight until I fall asleep Smile
Scratch that!! I'm really sorry. Think I missed something when testing.

It's all working fine now. Local paths or smb paths. Everything is fine!!

Thanks!!
(2020-07-09, 00:06)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]3. IPTV simples M3U file (update) detection is treated a little differently then I expected...
Here's something I noticed last night, which may be of interest to you as well.
My Enigma2 satellite STB allows me to download the current channels into a m3u list, so last night I did a little experiment as I was curious to see if live tv channels and PTVL channels could exist in the same channel group.
I created a new m3u file from file I was able to download from my STB and made 2 movie channels. I made the channel group on this file the same as the 'Pseudotv, Movies Genres' Group on the PTVL m3u file and then imported this list and the xmltv file into the PTVL addon. Both of my new live TV channels appeared in the 'Pseudotv, Movies Genres' Group, but I had no guide data.
What I discovered is the only guide data from my own XMLTV file was getting imported into pseudotv xmltv file. It wasn't importing the channel and display name ID tags from my own xmltv file. Once I copied these details onto Pseudo xmltv file, channels and guide data both appeared in the same group as my local pseudotv movie channels on the EPG screen.....Success! Smile  However, both of these live channels took about 10-15 seconds to open and about the same length of time switching between channels, which seemed to be painfully slow based on past experiences of doing the same thing with the IPTV client.
I also got an error message saying I needed to install the inputstream ffmpeg direct addon, which I've haven't needed in the past, but I installed it anyway hoping the channel loads and switches would be a lot faster afterwards. Sadly not, but I don't know if that an issue with Matrix, the IPTV client, my own channel configuration, using live and local channels in the same group or a perhaps a further bug/issue with the PTVL addon.
Whilst copying the Channel and display ID tag data over to the Pseudotv xmltv file solved the issue with guide data for my imported live tv channels, this info is not retained when you log out and restart Kodi. Copying this info over might also be having a detrimental effect on the local channels, as I noticed today when restarting Kodi that some of guide entries were blank for these channels, so not sure if livetv and local channels can actually exist in the same channel group or not. You would be much better placed to answer that one.....but thought it worth mentioning this anyway. Wink 
I've also asked Phunkyfish about my own channel config and if I need to set any additional options in the IPTV client when using streams from my E2 device. 
Will check out the latest release and see if playback issue is resolved.....Keeping my fingers crossed.

UPDATE: Latest release has also resolved my playback issue with the next programme starting. Smile Not if it's same for you, but when the 2 shows I've tested on completed, I was returned to the home screen with the 'Kodi busy' animation running until the next show started. Is this how the next programme is supposed to start? I noticed that there appears to be 2-3 minute disparity between what the guide tells you is the finish time and what the actual end time is. My local channels are now taking the same length of time to open as my 2 live tv channel (10-15 seconds) and about the same when switching between them. Not sure if my live Tv channels have any bearing on this, or perhaps the config I described above.
Deleted... Fix came faster than I was aware.
Congratulations, success!!! I am so happy this is coming together, thank you so much!!! I was able to watch a few quick ending episodes with the next one to follow. I did experience a problem when switching Channels, a weird looping effect took place, I’ll explain.

What it did...
The show ended. Then the next show started for about 2-3 seconds and would restart the same show and repeat continuously until backing out to the guide. I let it repeat three times so you could see it loop in the error log. Thanks again, you have made my day! Blush

Error Log - https://paste.kodi.tv/nifufaweye

*Update* - I am going to run a clean install of Kodi due to what you advised this morning... (Not running Pseudo utilities) I will keep you in the loop to my findings this evening.

PseudoTV Live 0.1.0m
Nvidia Shield 8.0.2 (32.5.205.105)
Kodi Matrix 20200706-c34a99a9-master-arm64-v8a (7/7/2020)
Yeah, the live Tv channels seemed to be causing the issue (at least with the config I was using). I removed them from the PTVL m3u file, changed the settings to not use my own m3u and deleted the PTVL xmltv file. Once restarted all my PTVL local channels are working fine, switching quickly and no playback fail at the end of the show.
(2020-07-09, 03:21)Dumyat Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, the live Tv channels seemed to be causing the issue (at least with the config I was using). I removed them from the PTVL m3u file, changed the settings to not use my own m3u and deleted the PTVL xmltv file. Once restarted all my PTVL local channels are working fine, switching quickly and no playback fail at the end of the show.

PTVL works with other PVR backends and you can import existing M3U/XMLTV . FYI you can not manually edit PTVLs M3U or add to it.
(2020-07-09, 02:50)TVNow Wrote: [ -> ]Congratulations, success!!! I am so happy this is coming together, thank you so much!!! I was able to watch a few quick ending episodes with the next one to follow. I did experience a problem when switching Channels, a weird looping effect took place, I’ll explain.

What it did...
The show ended. Then the next show started for about 2-3 seconds and would restart the same show and repeat continuously until backing out to the guide. I let it repeat three times so you could see it loop in the error log. Thanks again, you have made my day! Blush

*Update* - I am going to run a clean install of Kodi due to what you advised this morning... (Not running Pseudo utilities) I will keep you in the loop to my findings this evening.

PseudoTV Live 0.1.0m

Looping happened again after clean Kodi install.

Error Log - https://paste.kodi.tv/fojizemada
(2020-07-09, 04:44)TVNow Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-07-09, 02:50)TVNow Wrote: [ -> ]Congratulations, success!!! I am so happy this is coming together, thank you so much!!! I was able to watch a few quick ending episodes with the next one to follow. I did experience a problem when switching Channels, a weird looping effect took place, I’ll explain.

What it did...

PseudoTV Live 0.1.0m

I'm reviewing the log and your issue isn't a playback failed issue? Your show starts near the end.. ends then.. loads back into the same show near the end? Creating a loop?

I can see where this could occur and will add code to catch this behavior before it happens....

Does this sound like your issue?
(2020-07-09, 04:33)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-07-09, 03:21)Dumyat Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, the live Tv channels seemed to be causing the issue (at least with the config I was using). I removed them from the PTVL m3u file, changed the settings to not use my own m3u and deleted the PTVL xmltv file. Once restarted all my PTVL local channels are working fine, switching quickly and no playback fail at the end of the show.

PTVL works with other PVR backends and you can import existing M3U/XMLTV . FYI you can not manually edit PTVLs M3U or add to it.
Yeah, I realise PTVL works with other PVR Backends and that you can import an existing m3u/xmltv. Perhaps I'm not explaining myself properly. My normal backend is the E2/Vu+ addon upon which I have half a dozen channel groups, one of which is named 'Movies' which contains 6 dedicated movie channels. What I was trying to achieve was to have one single channel group called 'Movies' that would contain both my live movie channels and any PTVL Movies channels I created. That is why I created a new m3u file for my movie channels and imported that file into PTVL to use the IPTV client, rather than using my normal E2 backend for those particular channels. I was hoping there would be no need to have 2 separate channel groups for Movies, ie one for live TV and one for PTVL channels. I take it that is not going to be possible?
If it's not possible, that's fine. I will just dispense with the 6 live channels I have and just create 6 more local channels instead with the same name(s)......Sony Movies in the UK show adverts every 10 minutes anyway, so I'll be much better off. Wink
(2020-07-09, 05:38)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-07-09, 04:44)TVNow Wrote: [ -> ]

What it did...

PseudoTV Live 0.1.0m

Understanding the log and the issue this isn't a playback failed issue? Your show starts near the end.. ends then.. loads back into the same show near the end? Creating a loop?

I can see where this could occur and will add code to catch this behavior before it happens....

Does this sound like your issue?

***Correction***
Correct it’s not a playback failed issue. I updated Kodi to today’s version this morning, it’s still looping. I had to correct myself, you were right... I’m sorry. It was not looping the next tv show it was looping the currently played shows last few seconds over and over. The show ends.. then.. loads back into the same show near the end. Creating a loop.
Another thing I noticed this morning, when you select a channel from the guide that has a tv show very close to ending, it will continuously loop Kodi’s loading graphic. I tried to get a log three times but each time it said the file was too big.

PseudoTV Live 0.1.0m
Kodi Matrix 20200708-75d6f16f-master-arm64-v8a (7/9/2020)
Thanks for the last update.It also solved the issue with the shows with non English titles. Wink
Hello Lunatixz,

Finally got around to testing a bit. Am using the latest revs of Matrix (downloaded today) and PseudoTV (Downloaded a bit ago, rev. M). Ten channels all of the TV show variety (TV Shows, Genre, Studio)

I have all settings set to default. Have noticed that when I start PTV, the channels are in a different order in the channel lineup. When one video ends, I am taken back to the guide for a few seconds before the next video plays. When the next video finally does start, it is usually many seconds, if not minutes into the video.

By the way, thanks for working on this!

Link to log file on dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1b8g5rtew8srlv3/kodi.log?dl=0

Windows 7, 64 Bit
19.0-ALPHA1 (18.9.701) Git:20200708-75d6f16f78
plugin.video.pseudotv.live v0.1.0m installed
(2020-07-09, 05:46)Dumyat Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-07-09, 04:33)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]

Yeah, I realise PTVL works with other PVR Backends and that you can import an existing m3u/xmltv. Perhaps I'm not explaining myself properly. My normal backend is the E2/Vu+ addon upon which I have half a dozen channel groups, one of which is named 'Movies' which contains 6 dedicated movie channels. What I was trying to achieve was to have one single channel group called 'Movies' that would contain both my live movie channels and any PTVL Movies channels I created. That is why I created a new m3u file for my movie channels and imported that file into PTVL to use the IPTV client, rather than using my normal E2 backend for those particular channels. I was hoping there would be no need to have 2 separate channel groups for Movies, ie one for live TV and one for PTVL channels. I take it that is not going to be possible?
If it's not possible, that's fine. I will just dispense with the 6 live channels I have and just create 6 more local channels instead with the same name(s)......Sony Movies in the UK show adverts every 10 minutes anyway, so I'll be much better off. Wink

I saw your other post regarding your setup... I don't see why you can't implement both your current setup and PTVL. PTVL is designed to work with an existing PVR environment. If it's failing to perform this task, we can work to resolve the issues.

You should try creating your own m3u for your Live feeds and add custom groups; I'll play around with grouping when this project is stable.