Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Will not open .iso files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, I’m running KODI 17 on a PI4 with BUSTER.
My movie archive is on the Synology NAS.
I can play all file formats except .iso.
When I select one of these .iso file the 2 blue circles keep on turning for about 20 seconds.
Then it stops without any error.

Before I ran OpenElec XBMC and had no problems with these files.

Does anybody know what can be wrong?
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
If there's no real requirement for Buster, then I would suggest to give LibreELEC a shot. That's the successor of OpenELEC

But you also have to be aware, that the Pi4 is pretty new and issue can be expected
(2019-09-02, 19:26)DaVu Wrote: [ -> ]If there's no real requirement for Buster, then I would suggest to give LibreELEC a shot. That's the successor of OpenELEC

But you also have to be aware, that the Pi4 is pretty new and issue can be expected

Yes, I want stay on Buster because it’s my home controller.
It controls the TV and is also the MQTT broker.
Good. Then we might still need the log file
i collected the kodi.log and the kodi_crashlog.
I also installed the Kodi logfile uploader.
After running it shows a QR code. I used my iPad to snap this code and after that the screen of my iPad displayed the log file. No room for typing extra comments. And I don’t know is you received the files. I copied them to my linux PC. So they are available.

I have to add more info. I was a bit impatient I think.

After I clicked on an .iso file and after 45 seconds it opens. So all the .ifo .sub .vob files became visible.
Then I clicked on the first .ifo and after I think 30 seconds the movie starts.

So in fact I can play .iso but it takes a very long time to start.

Please tell me how I should send the log files.
The log file uploader should give you a url (either directly or at the top of your browser if you snap the QR code).

Post that URL here and we should be able to access the log via it.
(2019-09-02, 21:14)paysan Wrote: [ -> ]i collected the kodi.log and the kodi_crashlog.
I also installed the Kodi logfile uploader.
After running it shows a QR code. I used my iPad to snap this code and after that the screen of my iPad displayed the log file. No room for typing extra comments. And I don’t know is you received the files. I copied them to my linux PC. So they are available.

I have to add more info. I was a bit impatient I think.

After I clicked on an .iso file and after 45 seconds it opens. So all the .ifo .sub .vob files became visible.
Then I clicked on the first .ifo and after I think 30 seconds the movie starts.

So in fact I can play .iso but it takes a very long time to start.

Please tell me how I should send the log files.

I also noted that the CPU usage of CPU-4 was 130%
Still buzy, try to use the Kodi Paste Site...
I just uploaded the trace and debug files using the uploader.
I hope you can identyify that tis is coming from me.

Regards, Wim
We need you to provide the url that the log uploader gives you (post it here) so we can access the log.
(2019-09-09, 18:24)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]We need you to provide the url that the log uploader gives you (post it here) so we can access the log.

https://paste.kodi.tv/dejuxukaze.kodi
You are using a generic debian build of Kodi which is not optimized for pies.

See https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewt...8&t=246837

I'm really getting sick of copypasting the same link again and again.
I think that lots of users unaware of this problem would really appreciate a _sticky_ post explaining the current situation and providing a temporary solution.
(2019-09-09, 19:38)asavah Wrote: [ -> ]You are using a generic debian build of Kodi which is not optimized for pies.

See https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewt...8&t=246837

I'm really getting sick of copypasting the same link again and again.
I think that lots of users unaware of this problem would really appreciate a _sticky_ post explaining the current situation and providing a temporary solution.

@asavah - Would you be prepare to make a new thread summarising it as you seem to know it very well, and let me know and I'll sticky it here?

@paysan - as noted in the log, that version doesn't have encrypted DVD support in it:

Code:
13:26:37.519 T:2495793808   DEBUG: SECTION:LoadDLL(special://xbmcbin/system/players/VideoPlayer/libdvdnav-arm.so)
13:26:37.519 T:2495793808   DEBUG: Loading: /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/kodi/system/players/VideoPlayer/libdvdnav-arm.so
13:26:37.528 T:2495793808   DEBUG: libdvdread: Encrypted DVD support unavailable.
                                            ************************************************
                                            **                                            **
                                            **  No css library available. See             **
                                            **  /usr/share/doc/libdvdread4/README.css     **
                                            **  for more information.                     **
                                            **                                            **
                                            ************************************************

The support for the Pi4 is still very new, and I believe being worked on by various people and groups. The generic version you have will run, but as noted above it's very much not optimised for the Pi.
Pages: 1 2