Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Remote access problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys

I have a curious problem and maybe you can help. I have installed the latest version of Kodi and configured the webserver to allow remote control and applications control to allow remote control from applications on other systems. Also ZeroConf is on, if that even matters. I have then installed Kodi Remote on my iPhone.

It works with no problems...for a while. After a while the Kodi Remote cannot find my Kodi server. In the mean time I have been able to use it and have changed no configuration (other than maybe skin). I have tried this with the exact same results on three computers, all installed with XUbuntu with the exact same result. Also I have tried a different Kodi Remote than the official but still no joy.

I suspected that my router was the issue but, by using logic, why would it allow traffic for a while and then not? I simply can't figure out what might be the problem. Something changes, either in Kodi or in XUbuntu, just by using it, but what?

Any ideas or good suggestions?
Many things could happen which might be the cause

- check if the devices in question (pc , smartphone) don't loose their network connection. Probably your wifi is too weak.
- if in doubt, check if all devices are listening to DHCP. Sometimes, while using static IPs, one might forgot which IPs are already in use and if you are using the same IP on different devices, that will cause problems as well
- check the log if the Kodi webserver is still running
- make sure there's no vpn in use
(2019-09-10, 07:22)DaVu Wrote: [ -> ]Many things could happen which might be the cause

- check if the devices in question (pc , smartphone) don't loose their network connection. Probably your wifi is too weak.
- if in doubt, check if all devices are listening to DHCP. Sometimes, while using static IPs, one might forgot which IPs are already in use and if you are using the same IP on different devices, that will cause problems as well
- check the log if the Kodi webserver is still running
- make sure there's no vpn in use
Thanks DaVu for the advice. I'll try and run them all through and see what happens :-)