Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Createboomark Action ID - Bookmark Created Dialog Box Location
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Windows 7
Kodi Gotham 13.2

In Gotham version of Kodi and beyond a "createbookmark" Action ID was made available. This action allows you to assign a hotkey to be able to create a bookmark without having to go into the bookmarks dialog box and create one.  When you perform this action a dialog box appears that states: "Bookmarks Bookmark created" as an indicator to let you know you have created a bookmark.

I have tried a couple of skins out (which doesn't sound right) and I can see that the creators of these skins had access to change how this "bookmarks created" dialog indicator message appears. Can someone tell me where this dialog coding is located so I can change its appearance in my skin?

It does not appear to be with the other "Dialog________.xml" files like all the others

In the "strings.po" file
It shows the text "Bookmark created" is located here
Quote:#: xbmc/video/dialogs/GUIDialogVideoBookmarks.cpp
msgctxt "#21362"
msgid "Bookmark created"
msgstr ""
Not sure what this is, would think this dialog box would be just another xml file to edit?

If anyone has any idea of how I can change this please let me know. Thank You
Enable debugging in the skins addon.xml to see which window/dialog being used.

debugging="true"
debugging="true"
What! why am I just finding out about this, you couldn't have called me years ago and mentioned this when I was working on developing a skin!

Thank You for your response
I tried this when you mentioned it.
Although this is a very helpful thing to know about, and I was able to actually answer another question I had about where the "aspect ratio" overlay is located
(which I was able to see is in the videofullscreen.xml file), I unfortunately was not able to find the location of the "bookmark created" overlay.

I thought that the bookmark overlay might be in this videofullscreen.xml file as well but I do not see it.
I tried it in my current skin and also in the default Confluence skin that comes with Kodi but both do not show an xml location?
This is strange someone has to know where this "created bookmark" dialog box is located because every skin I try seems to have a different designed look.

Does anyone know where it can be?
Thank You
(2019-09-14, 17:52)Questions1010 Wrote: [ -> ]Windows 7
Kodi Gotham 13.2

In Gotham version of Kodi and beyond a "createbookmark" Action ID was made available. This action allows you to assign a hotkey to be able to create a bookmark without having to go into the bookmarks dialog box and create one.  When you perform this action a dialog box appears that states: "Bookmarks Bookmark created" as an indicator to let you know you have created a bookmark.

I have tried a couple of skins out (which doesn't sound right) and I can see that the creators of these skins had access to change how this "bookmarks created" dialog indicator message appears. Can someone tell me where this dialog coding is located so I can change its appearance in my skin?

It does not appear to be with the other "Dialog________.xml" files like all the others

In the "strings.po" file
It shows the text "Bookmark created" is located here
Quote:#: xbmc/video/dialogs/GUIDialogVideoBookmarks.cpp
msgctxt "#21362"
msgid "Bookmark created"
msgstr ""
Not sure what this is, would think this dialog box would be just another xml file to edit?

If anyone has any idea of how I can change this please let me know. Thank You 

Did you checked...
https://kodi.wiki/view/List_of_Built_In_...kmarks.xml

edit:
in append
to use with a custom button
https://kodi.wiki/view/List_of_built-in_...ilt-in.27s

SendClick(windowid,id)
Nope still can't seem to find this location

@mardukL 
Thank you for your response, unless I am mistaken, it seems that your response is more referring to a hotkey, as where I am trying to find out where the location of this "bookmark created" dialog screen is located so I can edit how it looks.
Again unless I am mistaken by your response.
If you have any more info to share I am still interested as well as anyone else if anyone has any other ideas to share.

Again seems strange though because as mentioned the Confluence skin has a different look as do other skins I have tested so it is possible, just odd that no one knows where this dialog screen is located to edit its appearance?