Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Problem with metadata scraping on a portable installation with backup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi ! 
I've been using Kodi for a while and I recently decided to switch to a portable installation on the external HDD itself (so that I can use Kodi on any computer just by plugging the external HDD) 
On my previous installation everything worked like a charm, with a very large movie library.
I followed the official documentation to create a portable installation, which worked, and made a backup of the previous installation with the Backup Add-on. When restoring the backup on the new installation it warned me that it was a different version of Kodi, I continued and it worked. It imported my library with no errors, I just had to reconfigure my settings and my sources but other than that it worked great. I then added a few movies to my HDD and updated the library. It worked well for most of the movies, but for some of them the data scraper got it wrong, even though I use the recommended naming conventions. It happens sometimes so it wasn't a problem, I went to the movie information and hit "refresh" to display a list of matching movies and choose the right one (I always did this in case of errors and it worked before). In the list the right movie was always the first, as it was the best matching one, and when I select it, during the information update it switches to another movie. For example "The 101 Dalmatians (1961)" always switches to the "The 101 Dalmatians II : Patch's London adventure". I have the same problem for "Parasite (2019)" which switches to some obscure short movie with no date and almost no data, even though I select the right one...

This problem did not exist on my previous installation so I'm assuming something has changed maybe with the new installation, or with the backup on a different version..
I hope I didn't explain my problem too badly, I can record my screen and show a video if it makes things easier !

Thanks by advance !
There are a few glitches with the MovieDB scraper at the moment.

See the sticky and most recent threads in the scraper section for more details and one or two work-arounds.