Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi hanging at splash screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
New installation of Ubuntu 18.04 on a Dell Inspiron 660s with Intel Mesa DRI Ivybridge graphics. 

I am not sure how to get more info about the graphics hardware.  The "System Profiler and Benchmarker" app shows 3.0 Mesa 19.0.8 in addition to the info in the line above.

New install of Kodi. Version from log: (18.4 Git:20190831-3ade758). Platform: Linux x86 64-bit  This is from the stable ppa, the 18.04 repo version did the same thing

Kodi hangs at the splash screen, CPU usage goes away.

Complete debug log here: gihizahehu.kodi (paste)
The log shows that least one of the sqlite databases probably got corrupted.
Try
Code:
mv ~/.kodi/userdata/Database/ViewModes6.db ~/.kodi/userdata/Database/ViewModes6.broken
and  start Kodi.
If it still does not start provide a new debug log.
Many thanks for your attention.

That got further.  A line appeared at the bottom of the splash screen saying something to the effect of Please Wait, Updating Databases.  But then it hung there.

Updated debug log here arejubuwuz.kodi (paste)
(2019-09-15, 17:03)Organic_Marble Wrote: [ -> ]Many thanks for your attention.

That got further.  A line appeared at the bottom of the splash screen saying something to the effect of Please Wait, Updating Databases.  But then it hung there.

Updated debug log here arejubuwuz.kodi (paste)
That's not good.That means that probably all of your databases got corrupted due to unclean Kodi shutdown or your databases are somehow incompatible with the newer version, but AFAIK that shouldn't happen.
This means your scraped media data is probably lost.
Code:
mv ~/.kodi/userdata/Database mv ~/.kodi/userdata/brokendb

You will need to rescrape your library providing Kodi starts properly now.
I just deleted all the files in the Database folder and now the program started. Thanks for the clue that let me get it running.
Thread marked solved.