Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Skip Steps Not Working on 18.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Running 18.4 on an KDLinks A400.  I've changed the settings for my skip steps so they should be < 10,60 and > 60, 3m.  Delay is None.

When I click left or right on the directional buttons during playback I see the time slider at the bottom and the video jumps maybe 1-4 seconds either direction.  Multiple cliks just cause the same jump increments.  If I hold the left/right button down longer then all of a sudden the timer skips a random amount of time according to the number of milliseconds I was pressing it.  It's nearly impossible to skip back to hear something I messed, etc.

The up/down buttons only seem to adjust the location of the subtitles (if any) and if I turn them off then they do nothing... unless I have just used the left/right buttons and the time slider graphic is still up, then the down button highlights the chapter buttons below the slider.

The hard chapter buttons on the remote jump chapters I guess.  I haven't played with them much yet, but they seem to jump 3-5 minutes in either direction.

What am I doing wrong?

Also, for reference, I used this FAQ page:
Skip_steps (wiki)
Am I asking this question incorrectly?  I'm new to Kodi and this forum, please pardon my newbness.
This is getting really frustrating... I miss one word of dialog and need to go back to hear it... but I end up 1-2 minutes back no matter how careful I try.  HELP PLEASE?!?!?

Maybe I should ask this... do skip steps work for you?