Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: RPi4 - Bad performance playing Music
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, I have a music collection on my Synology NAS.
Connection to KODI uses NFS.
KODI runs on a PI-4 4Gigabyte.
I use the Kodi 18.4 Leia special for the RPi 4
Problem. takes a long time to load the LP index and after it has been loaded and I select a track
the music is interrupted with short intervals.
I made a crash dump and a kodi.log file.
debugging is ON. At the top of the display I can see the 3 debug lines.
The strange thing is that there is no "DEBUG" in the lines.
Another strange thing is the timestamp of the log file is higher than the current system time.
I made a screen dump so you can see it.
(2019-09-18, 11:51)paysan Wrote: [ -> ]https://paste.kodi.tv/quceqesara.kodi
I found there is someting wrong with de log file and the crash dump files.
Please ignore them. I will make a new set.
Sorry.....
https://paste.kodi.tv/ozejubujuy.kodi

This is the right set.

Can someone please have a look ?
Extra info: on a RPi3 with LibreElec there is no problem.
So file server and NFS are okay.
Why nobody answers?
Probably because no one has any clues.
(2019-09-18, 11:41)paysan Wrote: [ -> ]I use the Kodi 18.4 Leia special for the RPi 4
Quote:Extra info: on a RPi3 with LibreElec there is no problem.
I will move this to the RPi foum, because it is a platform specific issue, someone there may be able to help.
(2019-09-20, 11:05)DaveBlake Wrote: [ -> ]Probably because no one has any clues.
(2019-09-18, 11:41)paysan Wrote: [ -> ]I use the Kodi 18.4 Leia special for the RPi 4
Quote:Extra info: on a RPi3 with LibreElec there is no problem.
I will move this to the RPi foum, because it is a platform specific issue, someone there may be able to help.
I think moving it to the RPi forum is not a good idea. It’s typicaly a Kodi issue.
See my previous case. Date 2019-09-02, 19:18

Darren Hill was helping me that time.
The debug traces I uploaded day before yesterday should also be examined by a Kodi engineer.
Dave is the main developer for the music side of things, so if he can't help then it's getting outside most of the team's experiences.

It may well again be the gaps in Pi4 support compared to the more established kernel and knowledge of Pi3 (and previous). The Pi Foundation have made a lot of changes/improvements on the Pi4 which are still being adopted and caught up with by the software developers (not just on Kodi, but the wider open source community).

That said, if you haven't already it may be worth raising this on the LibreElec Forums for more specific support by the actual LibreElec devs.

But also as Dave said, this section is the most appropriate place on this forum for such questions, as this one is specific to versions of Kodi that run on the Pi.

One other thought - if you want something specific for music, then there may be more optimal solutions for this than Kodi (which is more aimed at video). You may want to consider a different platform such as Volumio.
It seems you are running Kodi on Raspbian so it might be best to post questions in the thread on the Raspberry Pi forum https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewt...8&t=246837

You could also give LibreELEC 9.2 beta 1 a try, I haven't noticed any music related issues with it yet.

so long,

Hias
(2019-09-20, 13:42)HiassofT Wrote: [ -> ]It seems you are running Kodi on Raspbian so it might be best to post questions in the thread on the Raspberry Pi forum https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewt...8&t=246837

You could also give LibreELEC 9.2 beta 1 a try, I haven't noticed any music related issues with it yet.

so long,

Hias
Hias, the reason for running kodi on the RPi4 is that this computer is my home main system.
It lives behind the tv and it has a lot of tasks. Therefore I would like to run kodi as well on this little system.
(2019-09-20, 18:38)paysan Wrote: [ -> ]it has a lot of tasks

Perhaps that is your issue.  Whilst a Pi is a great little bit of kit, maybe you are just asking too much of a credit card sized computer ??
No, I don’t think that I ask too much from my PI4. If libreElec can run on a PI3 without any problem why can a PI4 not give this same performance. My PI4 has nothing to do more than running KODI.
The other tasks have a very small impact. And when I use kodi these other tasks are sleeping.
Pages: 1 2