Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Playlist that removes played songs from the list
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Back in the days I was a big Winamp fan because of it's many addons etc. One of those addons had the option that removed played songs from the playlist that was playing.
I really would love to have such a feature in Kodi. I like to play my whole library but not to hear the same songs over and over again. It should also have a save option when the music stops playing so it remembers where it has left off.

Is this already an option or does Kodi not have this option yet?

Thanks.
I sort my song list by Play Count, Ascending.

Play the song at the top of the list and when it ends it jumps to the bottom of the list. The song at the top of the list is what will be played and is always a song with the lowest play count.
Closest function is probably Party Mode, so in Playlists select the relevant playlist open Context menu and select "Play in party mode". This not exactly what you want as it displays only 10 tracks at a time but plays tracks randomly and won't repeat play a track.
(2019-09-18, 21:29)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]I sort my song list by Play Count, Ascending.

Play the song at the top of the list and when it ends it jumps to the bottom of the list. The song at the top of the list is what will be played and is always a song with the lowest play count.

Does this auto save for playing the next time?
(2019-09-18, 22:53)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]Closest function is probably Party Mode, so in Playlists select the relevant playlist open Context menu and select "Play in party mode". This not exactly what you want as it displays only 10 tracks at a time but plays tracks randomly and won't repeat play a track.

But the next day I start party mode it can play the same songs as the day before as well I guess.
(2019-09-19, 06:55)heula Wrote: [ -> ]Does this auto save for playing the next time?
Yes.

A play count is a play count and is always recorded. Even if you change the sort method to, say, Title the play counts are still there and still being recorded no matter what your sort method is, so all you need to do is change the sort method back to Play Count and you have your list again. Try it.
(2019-09-19, 07:04)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-19, 06:55)heula Wrote: [ -> ]Does this auto save for playing the next time?
Yes.

A play count is a play count and is always recorded. Even if you change the sort method to, say, Title the play counts are still there and still being recorded no matter what your sort method is, so all you need to do is change the sort method back to Play Count and you have your list again. Try it. 
Okay Thanks, I will try if this works like I want.
If you create a smart playlist to can add a rule for lastplayed then specify any notinthelast value e.g. lastplayed notinthelast 4 months, and you also set the same smart playlist to produce a randomised selection.
(2019-09-19, 08:43)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]If you create a smart playlist to can add a rule for lastplayed then specify any notinthelast value e.g. lastplayed notinthelast 4 months, and you also set the same smart playlist to produce a randomised selection.

Okay, I will see what works best for me. 
Thanks!
(2019-09-18, 21:29)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]I sort my song list by Play Count, Ascending.

That is a great idea and the first sensible application for playcount that I've seen. However, for me this would only work for a selection of songs which I like all the same - i.e. not my whole library which contains lots of complete albums with some songs I only ripped for completion's sake.