Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to remove the "Ends at" info when seeking a video (Custom_1109_TopBarOverlay.xml)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Story short : I would like to remove the "Ends at" info at upper right of the screen when seeking/forwarding in a video but I did not succeed.

Story long:
I tried to replace the label "$INFO[Player.FinishTime,$LOCALIZE[31080]: ]" in Custom_1109_TopBarOverlay.xml by something else but my modification line 86 is not taken into account  (https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...ay.xml#L86), whatever I try (modifying the original file in installation directory or changing it through a new skin in my .kodi directory, and rebooting).

It is really frustrating because I succeeding in removing some other spoilers info like "Player.TimeRemaining" in DialogSeekBar.xml file (https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...r.xml#L115)
or by removing SeekTimeLabelVar variable call (which is defined as "$INFO[Player.Time]$INFO[Player.Duration, / ]" in Variables.xml) in that same file (https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...r.xml#L140).

I also succeeded in removing the seekbar / progress bar (modifying DialogSeekBar.xml  and VideoOSD.xml ). But all these efforts are useless if I can still see the end time of my video when seeking it.

Is there a trick/trap which could explain that my modifications in other files are taken into account but not when they are in this Custom_1109_TopBarOverlay.xml file ?

Note that I have the exact same situation for Windows 10, Raspbian (on raspberry 3B+) and Android TV (mi Box S), using official downloads from Kodi website or Google Play.

Thank you in advance.

Regards.
double (or triple) check you are actually modifying the xml files of the skin you are using.
the kodi.log file will tell you. look for lines similar to these:

2019-09-20 19:18:42.795 T:140665294824896  NOTICE:   load skin from: /home/ronie/.kodi/addons/skin.estuary/ (version: 2.0.22)

2019-09-20 19:18:42.812 T:140665294824896    INFO: Loading custom window XMLs from skin path /home/ronie/.kodi/addons/skin.estuary/xml
(2019-09-20, 19:23)ronie Wrote: [ -> ]double (or triple) check you are actually modifying the xml files of the skin you are using.
the kodi.log file will tell you. look for lines similar to these:

2019-09-20 19:18:42.795 T:140665294824896  NOTICE:   load skin from: /home/ronie/.kodi/addons/skin.estuary/ (version: 2.0.22)

2019-09-20 19:18:42.812 T:140665294824896    INFO: Loading custom window XMLs from skin path /home/ronie/.kodi/addons/skin.estuary/xml

@ronie , I found the trick/trap for this Custom_1109_TopBarOverlay.xml file, by revisiting the kodi.log as you adviced.
 
To change my skin, I first copied DialogSeekBar.xml file for a back-up (DialogSeekBar-orig.xml) in xml directory, and I modified the original file without any issue (skin was updated).
Then, I did the same for VideoOSD.xml (modifying it after back-uping it as VideoOSD-orig.xml in xml directory). Everything was fine for my skin update also.
 
Finally, I did it also for Custom_1109_TopBarOverlay.xml. Unfortunately, Kodi is in fact reading both files (Custom_1109_TopBarOverlay-orig.xml and Custom_1109_TopBarOverlay.xml), which is a surprise for me (not familiar with XML approach...). So it ended up with the following error in Kodi.log when reading my modified Custom_1109_TopBarOverlay.xml:
2019-09-20 20:09:49.737 T:1901523808   ERROR: No id specified or id already in use for custom window in Custom_1109_TopBarOverlay.xml

 and as a consequence, only original file was used :

2019-09-20 20:09:49.755 T:1901523808    INFO: Loading skin file: VideoOSD.xml, load type: LOAD_ON_GUI_INIT
2019-09-20 20:09:49.780 T:1901523808    INFO: Loading skin file: DialogSeekBar.xml, load type: LOAD_ON_GUI_INIT
...
2019-09-20 20:09:49.830 T:1901523808    INFO: Loading skin file: Custom_1109_TopBarOverlay-orig.xml, load type: LOAD_ON_GUI_INIT

 Which explains that my modifications were not taken into account in Custom_1109_TopBarOverlay.xml, in contrary to DialogSeekBar.xml and VideoOSD.xml.
 
By just removing Custom_1109_TopBarOverlay-orig.xml back-up file from xml directory, everything is now working fine ("Ends at" info disappears as expected).
 
I hope this feedback will help other users. I found several threads on internet regarding the issue for that file, but with no solution associated with (but some partial conclusion like "Sorry, modify Custom_1109_TopBarOverlay.xml works on my QNAP. It's strange, it doesn't work on Windows." I imagine the user had a back-up file for his Windows trials, but not for his QNAP environment for that example...)
 
Thank you !