Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Casting Video/Photo on Kodi from smartphone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone, I'm looking for a free app (not like Yatse or others with unloker) that allows me to stream local file on my smartphone to Kodi. Unfortunately Kore doesn't have this feature. Anyone can give me a solution?
Kodi has no Chromecast functionality, as that is proprietary sofware. You can plug your Phone into your Kodi device via an USB cable (yes indeed) and have Kodi use your phone's storage.
(2019-09-21, 15:27)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]Kodi has no Chromecast functionality, as that is proprietary sofware. You can plug your Phone into your Kodi device via an USB cable (yes indeed) and have Kodi use your phone's storage.

But Kodi has DLNA connection and with many app for remote control you can cast your local file on it. I hope that the offical application will support this function in the near future.
(2019-09-21, 13:54)Vairetz Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everyone, I'm looking for a free app (not like Yatse or others with unloker) that allows me to stream local file on my smartphone to Kodi. Unfortunately Kore doesn't have this feature. Anyone can give me a solution?
Kore works very well casting the videos on your smartphone. You just need to do "share with kore" on your video file and it plays it on the TV. With photos you can do it with only one photo. It doesn't play the next one alone. You need to share it again. I think it doesn't work well. With music it doesn't work, i don't know why?
just a clarification, I've got Kodi 18 on my TV using a raspberry Pi with libreelec