Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Movie artwork defaulting to a still from video in Wide List view
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have CoreELEC 9.2.0 based on Kodi v18.4 installed on my Odroid C2, it is vanilla with no add-ons and the Estuary skin.
When adding a video source I set the following so that no content is generated automatically by scrapers, and also I don't have any local content set:

Set content
              This directory contains = None
              Content scanning options
                Exclude selected folder from scans = Yes

My understanding, coming from LibreELEC 8.2.5 based on Kodi 17.6 installed on a RPI, vanilla with no add-ons and the Estuary skin, is that if a video source is set so that the directory contains no contents then the default Video view is set to Wide List view and cannot be changed. And this appears to be still true with Kodi v18.4. All well and good!

However, I have noticed that the Estuary Skin on Kodi v18.4 in the Wide list view after playing any video in a folder, it is now populating the movie artwork box (the box to the left in the Wide list view) with stills from the videos for all the videos in the same folder, instead of keeping the default Movie icon (the movie camera) like it did with Kodi 17.6.

Here is the Wide list view Estuary Skin on Kodi v18.4 with a still from the video which has been automatically generated:

Here is Estuary Skin on Kodi v17.6 with the default Movie icon (the movie camera):

Is there any way to change it so that it displays the default Movie icon (the movie camera) like before and never automatically generates stills from the videos? I have changed skin .xml files before, but I can't work out where this is happening. I suspect that it might need a change somewhere in the Variables.xml file?

Thanks for any help!
KnightAzul