Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Playing Bluray folder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK, I know this probably has been asked before (at least once). Most likely in a different forum. If so, please point me to the right place. If not, then...

I have several bluray discs that have been copied to a folder - one top level folder per disc. Now, how do I play them, menus and all? I simply want to do what I have been doing with DVDs: have kodi start with the main menu (after any intros).

Is this possible in kodi?  I've searched through this and several other online forums, but haven't found a solution. Currently, I'm copying the main movie .m2ts file to my library and renaming it from 00xx.m2ts to <movie name>.m2ts for the scrapers. But this still only plays the main feature.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

TIA

ken

PS: This might not be the right place to post this. Let me know and I'll re-post in the correct forum.
(2019-09-23, 02:16)daytooner Wrote: [ -> ]Currently, I'm copying the main movie .m2ts file to my library and renaming it from 00xx.m2ts to <movie name>.m2ts for the scrapers. But this still only plays the main feature.
By doing that you have removed any possibility of playing these as bluray disks. They are now just single file videos.
(2019-09-23, 03:01)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-23, 02:16)daytooner Wrote: [ -> ]Currently, I'm copying the main movie .m2ts file to my library and renaming it from 00xx.m2ts to <movie name>.m2ts for the scrapers. But this still only plays the main feature.
By doing that you have removed any possibility of playing these as bluray disks. They are now just single file videos.  
Yes, I understand that. I am only doing that so I can add to my library and watch the main feature from the bluray. But I have the entire bluray disc folders still, and would like to play from there, and get the menus, plus other features on the disc.

ken