Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Show 4k movie instead of Blu-ray version in library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, Apologies if this is the wrong forum.

I've set up 2 Kodi boxes (both running CoreELEC) in separate rooms with a shared mysql database with all my movies on my self built Raspberry Pi NAS.
Media is shared via SMB and so far it works; watched status etc. updates on both boxes.

One box is a S912 box connected to a 4k TV.
The other box is a S905 connected to a non 4k HD 1920 TV.

So I've set up with nodes and playlists for the S912 box to show my DVD, bluray and 4k rips and the S905 to not display the 4k media.

My 4k media is in a separate folder/source to my DVD/Blu-ray media.

At the moment on the S912 box I have a separate homescreen menu to view 4k media, but I would like to integrate this into the main "Movies" menu.
The issue here is that I also see the duplicate DVD/Blu-ray version in the library.

So, is there anyway via nodes or smart playlists so that if there is a duplicate movie, Kodi will only show the 4k version on the S912 box and not the other version as well?

Hope this is clear?

Thanks in advance.
Hi..by the lack of answers, does this mean this is not achievable?
(2019-09-27, 17:44)spinecho Wrote: [ -> ]Hi..by the lack of answers, does this mean this is not achievable?

Are you looking at doing something like this?
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2888336
(2019-09-27, 17:52)Harro Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-27, 17:44)spinecho Wrote: [ -> ]Hi..by the lack of answers, does this mean this is not achievable?

Are you looking at doing something like this?
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2888336
Thanks for reply!

If I understand that correctly, then no, this isn't what I'm after.
I already have video nodes for "normal" (Blu-ray & DVD) and 4k media.

What I was hoping to achieve was to have a shared mysql library but in the 4k S912 box if a movie is in both Blu-ray and 4k then Kodi only shows the 4k version and not the lower Res version.

I'm not sure this is achievable with a shared mysql library?