Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Bit Perfect - high resolution audio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear all,
Since years I listen only to high resolution liquid music. I have both a piCorePlayer and JRiver together with two external USB DAC.
Both them are able to work in bit perfect mode, up to 24 bit and 384 kHz.

I usually use Kodi on several devices for movies playback and I would like to understand:
how to configure Kodi on Android to play high resolution audio flac audio file by using an external USB DAC ?

Thanks
(2019-09-26, 15:52)sonus.faber Wrote: [ -> ]Adding some more informations

Having a nVidia Shield TV box, I connected one of my USB DAC ( Teac UD503 ) to the nVidia (running Android 8 ).
Without configuring anything on the nVidia, as soon I connect the USb DAC, the audio is immediately played by the DAC. This is great!!

The strange thing is that, regardless what I play on the nVidia, the DAC displays "PCM 44 kHz"
nothing interesting can be modified in the nVidia audio setting.
Then I tried Kodi... 
Even playing FLAC PCM 384 kHz or DSD... the DAC always displays "PCM 44 kHz"
Nothing interesting to change in the audio settings of Kodi.
Changing the maximum sampling from 48 to 192 does not change the story.

Now... my question is no more "how to configure Kodi on Android to play high resolution audio flac audio file by using an external USB DAC ?", but: how to male Kodi to pass to the USB DAC the audio at the same resolution and sampling rate as the source, without downsampling to 44 kHz PCM
Plugging the same USB DACs into a Windows PC, Kodi let me choose them in the Audio Settings.
Kodi on Android does not even if audio is played from the DACs.