Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Feature Requests] iPhone XS Max and iPhone 11 Pro Max Screen size support + more
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Can you please add the following features to the official Kodi iOS app?

- iPhone XS Max and iPhone 11 Pro Max screen resolution support (2688 x 1242-pixel resolution at 458 ppi)

- iPad Pro 12.9 inch 3rd generation screen size support with the new notch and no home button in mind.

- iOS and iPadOS 13.1.1 Dark Mode Support

- iOS and iPadOS 13.1.1 bug fixes

Thank-you very much,

Shawn
(2019-09-28, 17:47)Shawzborne Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

Can you please add the following features to the official Kodi iOS app?

- iPhone XS Max and iPhone 11 Pro Max screen resolution support (2688 x 1242-pixel resolution at 458 ppi)

- iPad Pro 12.9 inch 3rd generation screen size support with the new notch and no home button in mind.

- iOS and iPadOS 13.1.1 Dark Mode Support

- iOS and iPadOS 13.1.1 bug fixes

Thank-you very much,

Shawn

This would be great. I’ve seen the original creator and repo owner is “joethefox” but I didn’t find how to contact him.
The support for newer Apple devices was already implemented by @joethefox but not released to AppStore. Currently there is some work going on to further update the iOS Remote App. The iPads without Home button will also be properly supported when the related PR will be reviewed and -- if accepted -- merged. The screenshot below is taken from an iPad Pro 4th Generation simulator.

I also spent some time on the Dark Mode, which is still in an early phase. But you get an impression in the following screenshots from an iPhone XS simulator:

Image Image

Please keep patient. There is quite some work to do before the App can be updated to AppStore.