Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Looking for an Addon that will synch among multiple devices where you stop your video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm Looking for an Addon that will synch among multiple devices where you stop your video so you can continue the it has been left at to another device
By example, you look "The Matrix" on your TV, you stop the video at 45 min, then you continue on your tablet up to 1h05 and finish it on your phone in the bus

thanks
(2019-09-29, 17:29)regismaltais33 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm Looking for an Addon that will synch among multiple devices where you stop your video so you can continue the it has been left at to another device

There is not really an addon for that. Most of the time, people will use a MySQL or MariaDB database server and Kodi's MySQL support for keeping multiple Kodi setups in sync.
This database server is typically set up on a separate computer or on a NAS, but depending on your Kodi devices it could also run on one of them.

(2019-09-29, 17:29)regismaltais33 Wrote: [ -> ]and finish it on your phone in the bus
That will be a bit too far fetched I'm afraid unless you have sufficient computer networking knowledge.
(2019-09-29, 18:04)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-29, 17:29)regismaltais33 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm Looking for an Addon that will synch among multiple devices where you stop your video so you can continue the it has been left at to another device

There is not really an addon for that. Most of the time, people will use a MySQL or MariaDB database server and Kodi's MySQL support for keeping multiple Kodi setups in sync.
This database server is typically set up on a separate computer or on a NAS, but depending on your Kodi devices it could also run on one of them.
(2019-09-29, 17:29)regismaltais33 Wrote: [ -> ]and finish it on your phone in the bus
That will be a bit too far fetched I'm afraid unless you have sufficient computer networking knowledge. 

Cool, if I understanding you wellie will be something like this !

How to Sync Your Kodi Library Across Multiple Devices with MySQL

Many thanks for your explanation!
I tried the MYSQL thing a few times and couldn't never get it to work so I started using Plex/PlexKodiConnect and it works perfectly for me!
I don't know if this still works... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=331325

It should do what you want except the "on the bus" part.