Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Random rewinds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,
I would like to thank all of Kodi Developers and Community for providing such a great piece of software. You are the real MVPs. As you can see, this is my first post, I'm trying to provide all necessary information, please be considerate if I missed something. Smile

Problem description: When playing videos from either disk, youtube or twitch addons (hadn't tested other sources, but those are consistent in the issue) video rewinds random amounts of time, even going into negative playback time.
My Raspi 3 recently broke, so I had it replaced with Atomic Pi, this is basically when problems started. I had copied all of my .kodi contents from Raspi SD card to AtomicPi.
I have also tried with clean configuration folder and with no avail, the error is the same. I'm attaching the log as well, maybe it will be clearer.

Debug log: http://paste.ubuntu.com/p/3W7xck46Y8/
Debug Log (clean config): http://paste.ubuntu.com/p/3kQVQxjh3r/
Version: Kodi 18.4 GIT:20190831-3ade758
Kernel: 4.15.0-48-generic
Processor: Intel Atom x5-Z8350
GPU: Intel HD Graphics (Cherry Trail) (This does not sounds very speciffic, but it's all I can find in system and in google)
Arch: x86_64
Install Method: PPA
Hello,
Have you found any solutions? I am having the same problem. After playing for a few seconds it will jump back about 5 minutes (to like - 5:21) and keep jumping back in roughly 5 minute intervals to negative times.
Finally I found someone having the exact issue. And I too am running Linux and on and Intel Atom x5-Z8350 chipset.

I just got a second hand low end Intel Stick and installed Linux Mint into it and the video just jumps backwards. To troubleshoot I tried looking at a Netflix movie from Firefox and it freezes there too, so maybe it is not a Kodi issue but a system wide thing . . . Did anyone got one of these devices run Kodi well on linux?

Distro: Linux Mint 19.3 Tricia (based: Ubuntu 18.04 bionic)
Kernel: 5.3.0-24-generic x86_64 bits
CPU: Intel Atom x5-Z8330 bits
Full system information output: ubuntu pastebin
And here is the log: ubuntu pastebin

Sorry for the separate post, but I only found out know that you can't edit you posts. . .

The test conditions where: I turned on the logging, closed and started Kodi again, waited for Netflix addon to become active, opened the addon, navigated to random movie and started. Then after a few seconds coming back to the start I put the video to start in the middle of the movie, it then jumped back 3 times till the beginning still "jumping back" . Then I force closed (because I'm lazy and then it generates a crashlog in the home dir so I don't need to navigate into the Kodi's subdirs... Rolleyes)

Like in users mivalsten's log I also get a lot of audio sync warnings: 
- WARNING: ActiveAE - large audio sync error which repeat until a  WARNING: CRenderManager::WaitForBuffer - timeout waiting for buffer or a DEBUG: AddOnLog: InputStream Adaptive download appears. (I suppose one time for every 'jump')