Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Is it possible to create more than 1 level movie sets in the library?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For example I want to create the following structure:

- Marvel Cinematic Universe
--- Phase One
--- Phase Two
--- Phase Three

Is it possible?

Or I can only do

- Marvel Cinematic Universe

?
I don't see how that is possible in Library View. Obviously possible if you use File View and your folder structure is created that way.

A few workarounds, but none do exactly what you want...
1. Create movie sets Phase 1, Phase 2 etc, but you lose the proper movie sets like Iron Man collection
2. Use Tags
3. Have a look at Movie Universes which I think is the best option. It may not do exactly what you want (separate listing for phases), but it will sort them correctly, but as a single listing... https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Movie_universe
I would use only the File View but it puts multi-disc folders like Title/BD1,BD2,etc to the top of the list treating them like folders, destroying alphabetical order and I can't get how to sort this list alphabetically ignoring if the item is a folder with subfolders or just a folder with a single disc (which is treated like a file). I would highly appreciate if KODI 19 will introduce the sorting feature that sorts strictly alphabetically ignoring the sorted item's nature.

I was meaning Movie Sets feature when asking my question. Movie sets seems to be a strictly two level feature. Developing my example further I currently should get rid of Marvel Cinematic Universe pseudo folder then create a Phase One pseudo folder and put all multi-disc movies into the same level like
- Phase One
--- Movie 1 BD1
--- Movie 1 BD2
--- Movie 2 BD1
--- Movie 2 BD2
- Phase Two
--- Movie 1 BD1
--- Movie 1 BD2
--- Movie 2 BD1
--- Movie 2 BD2
etc

Marvel Cinematic Universe was just an example, I don't even have any of their movies and not going to have.

I just think that just two levels are not enough.
Looking at a possible alternative option 'nodes', although it's not a perfect solution and doesn't fall under the 'sets' category, it does offer a hierarchy of folders and multiple sub folders named as you wish Video nodes (wiki) and can utilize both sets and tags in various sorts.