Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Scrapers not working fully
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I have just installed Kodi 18.4 and updated all necessary files, it all was very easy. I then added my 6TB HDD to the player and the set the thing to scrape all my movies. It has missed about 400 of the 1800+ movies that I have and after searching around it was suggested that the MDB scraper may not be the best and to use the Universal scraper. I finally found and installed that one but I cannot get Kodi to stop using the MDB scraper and having sat for hours I cannot figure out how to change the scraper. Please help if you can.

Regards,
Doug.
(2019-10-10, 02:00)Doorpro Wrote: [ -> ]It has missed about 400 of the 1800+ movies
Usually a problem with naming of files and folders. Changing scrapers won't fix that. A Debug Log which captures you scraping the movies will identify what the problem is.
Other common causes are here. Pay particular attention to item 1d... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=336969

(2019-10-10, 02:00)Doorpro Wrote: [ -> ]it was suggested that the MDB scraper may not be the best and to use the Universal scraper
Both as good as each other, but Universal Movie Scraper has the advantage as it scrapes extended artwork. If you have local artwork, then this is of no benefit.

(2019-10-10, 02:00)Doorpro Wrote: [ -> ]I cannot figure out how to change the scraper. Please help if you can.
1. Go to your Source
2. Call up the Context Menu
3. Select Change Content
4. Select the scraper in Choose information Provider. Use Get More if it is not listed.
5. Adjust the scraper settings if needed.
Karellen,

thank you so much. All of my movies are the exactly same so I knew that it wasn't going to be a typing or file error, In fact I have had to change scrapers before to get everything as it should be but finding out how to do it is a tad harder than the old Kodi 15.

I was about to start getting a debug log ready and then I saw that you had in fact given steps to find how to change the scraper which I did and now the Universal scraper is getting through them very quickly. Thank you again.

Regards,
Doug.
You are welcome.

I will mark this solved.