Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: S W A N (alpha , updated April-2022)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2021-11-12, 10:03)fantasticn Wrote: [ -> ]I also experienced the black screen issue on all my five Android TV machines. I never had that issue when I updated the skin before using the Github version. However, I then deleted the guisettings.xml so I could access Kodi again via Estuary skin. Then I reloaded the skin via MardukL's Repo, and after that manually updated to Github version by "cleaning" it first as decribed under post #545. That seemed to work at least on four of my five machines. With one machines (also running Android TV) I have a strange issue: While the others did show me version "19.1.17-alpha" when updating through the repo this maschine only gives me version "19.1.16-alpha" (using the same Repo-version 1.05). When I then try to manually update with the most recent Github version I receive the black screen issue - even if I clean that version before the update as outlined under post #545. So on that machine it seems I am currently stuck with version 19.1.16-alpha. Any ideas?

Btw.: Some feedback as to the latest changes:
- As to the new PVR support I feel the TV Guide would need a bigger font size and more color and contrast. 
- The "round edges" of the background is a nice gadget. But it would be great to have an option to enable/disable that look. Also: If you select  the "round edges" theme in interface section the round edges are not consistantly used in all view types and not in the main menu  (MenuTiles layout). So you end up having a mixed system of round and square tiles. I am not so much a fan of the round edges. However, the respective theme should then offer a consistant use of round edges for all tiles and views throughout the skin.
- Deactivating the unused viewtypes is a matter of performance of the skin. So I would recommend doing this. However, it's a little bit tricky because you only can do it in the submenu of the viewtypes. Also you need to do it seperately for Movies/Series, Music and Pictures sections. It would be easier to do it like in Titan skin mod and have a general viewtype activation/deactivation option in the skin settings.
- Still hoping for the option to have custom entries in the shutdown menue ;-)

Anyway, I still have to point out that for me it is currently the best skin available for Kodi. While most of the recent skins play around with tons of widgets (which I feel makes the start and the usage of Kodi quite slow and complex) I love the cleaness and simplicity given by teh MenuTiles layout - especially since I use Kodi as the general launcher on my AndroidTV machines. I think it is the animation of the turning tiles combinded with the nice changing backgrounds that adds to that stylish feeling. Also I love the design of the viewtypes and the customization options. So keep up the good work and many thanks for sharing it with us!
The 'black screen issue' is strange, currently idk why that happens (could'nt see it at any time)

For the update problem itself, try to update the repo within kodi and check for updates again.
(i mean go to addons - install from repo - nav to my repo - go into repositorys - update 'marduks kodi repository' )

I will double check my repo files soon if i can found any mistake there...
Quote:- The "round edges" of the background is a nice gadget. But it would be great to have an option to enable/disable that look. Also: If you select  the "round edges" theme in interface section the round edges are not
thanks for response, currently you can get rid of it when navigate to custom colors -> set color to 'none' or set '00ffffff' on the special : window_frame_color
Quote:It would be easier to do it like in Titan skin mod and have a general viewtype activation/deactivation option in the skin settings.
- Still hoping for the option to have custom entries in the shutdown menue ;-)
It is there ;-)
- skinsettings -> library section -> on top you find a button called 'OPEN VIEWTYPE MANAGEMENT' !! (It need still improvements tough ;-) )
Quote:As to the new PVR support ...
I do some adjustemnst for the guide anyway and your completely right about the font size,  so i will se how much larger they will be... ;-)
The label 'test' will represen a label wich is shown when 'is new item' is 'finale episode' or is a 'live stream'

Alos there will be 3 horizontal layouts
2 line
3 line
4 line
The colors in generel can be completly user defined !

vertical layout is still untouched.

I had still to go over alot stuff related to the grid, but when done i push update..
@mardukL Thanks for your quick response. As to the viewtype management I have not been aware of the new section in the skin settings. Sorry for that. As to the pvr section it's looking nice in principal. However, I think the 10 row design is much too narrow. Besides the 5 and the 6 rows you should offer either 7 or 8 rows design. I think it depends on the font size that you will finally come up with. As to the colors I will have to play around a little bit with the customization options that you are refering to. Depending on my overlay (light grey) the contrast currently is much is too weak. Also the column for the channel labels and icons could need some visual "seperation" from the tv guide itself. But I will try with the color settings.
(2021-11-12, 17:57)fantasticn Wrote: [ -> ]@mardukL Thanks for your quick response. As to the viewtype management I have not been aware of the new section in the skin settings. Sorry for that. As to the pvr section it's looking nice in principal. However, I think the 10 row design is much too narrow. Besides the 5 and the 6 rows you should offer either 7 or 8 rows design. I think it depends on the font size that you will finally come up with. As to the colors I will have to play around a little bit with the customization options that you are refering to. Depending on my overlay (light grey) the contrast currently is much is too weak. Also the column for the channel labels and icons could need some visual "seperation" from the tv guide itself. But I will try with the color settings.

Still WIP, may i be done tomorrow Big Grin...maybe...

For the 2 liner i just will make it a bit higher, tough unsure about the 5 vs 6, but opinions going some distance; .. but i think it should something worth chooseable for everyone ;-)

Here is how it can be, eg
https://streamable.com/g13znn
- play around with colors
- osd - optional show grid
- cycle trough grids
Ok, that is actually looking great. I will have to play around a little more with the options. But will wait for your next release until I start ;-)

As to the "lines" I think we were referring to different things: The "3 line" viewtype shows 6 rows, the "4 line" viewtype shows 5 rows, while the "2 line" viewtype shows 10 rows. And imho the latter seems a little bit too dense. So I was suggesting to rather have only 7 or 8 rows in that viewtype.

Take care and - again - thanks for this amazing skin!
Wow just wonderfull great skin and PVR options are very inovative Great Job my friend.
I can confirm the problem with the black screen of the current git version.
It took me almost the whole evening to get it to work.

I have tested PVR.
You should definitely change these 2 variables, then it will also work correctly with the channel logos. 
No matter whether "resource.images.thelogodb" is installed or not.
You will see that the loading time is almost 0.

xml:
    <variable name="ChannelStudio_Icon">
        <value condition="!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.ChannelName)">$INFO[ListItem.Icon]</value>
        <value condition="!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.ChannelName) + System.HasAddon(resource.images.thelogodb)">$INFO[ListItem.ChannelName,resource://resource.images.thelogodb/,.png]</value>
        <value>$INFO[ListItem.Label,resource://resource.images.studios.white/,.png]</value>
    </variable>
    <variable name="ChannelStudio_PlayerIcon">
        <value condition="!String.IsEmpty(VideoPlayer.ChannelName)">$INFO[Player.Icon]</value>
        <value condition="!String.IsEmpty(VideoPlayer.ChannelName) + System.HasAddon(resource.images.thelogodb)">$INFO[VideoPlayer.ChannelName,resource://resource.images.thelogodb/,.png]</value>
    </variable>

ImageImage

ImageImage
See PM under logo vom 11.11.2021.
(2021-11-12, 22:23)kobyboy Wrote: [ -> ]Wow just wonderfull great skin and PVR options are very inovative Great Job my friend.

Thanks Smile , but still a lot to do n tweak...

(2021-11-13, 00:59)Fuchs2468 Wrote: [ -> ]I can confirm the problem with the black screen of the current git version.
It took me almost the whole evening to get it to work.

I have tested PVR.
You should definitely change these 2 variables, then it will also work correctly with the channel logos. 
No matter whether "resource.images.thelogodb" is installed or not.
You will see that the loading time is almost 0.

xml:
    <variable name="ChannelStudio_Icon">
        <value condition="!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.ChannelName)">$INFO[ListItem.Icon]</value>
        <value condition="!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.ChannelName) + System.HasAddon(resource.images.thelogodb)">$INFO[ListItem.ChannelName,resource://resource.images.thelogodb/,.png]</value>
        <value>$INFO[ListItem.Label,resource://resource.images.studios.white/,.png]</value>
    </variable>
    <variable name="ChannelStudio_PlayerIcon">
        <value condition="!String.IsEmpty(VideoPlayer.ChannelName)">$INFO[Player.Icon]</value>
        <value condition="!String.IsEmpty(VideoPlayer.ChannelName) + System.HasAddon(resource.images.thelogodb)">$INFO[VideoPlayer.ChannelName,resource://resource.images.thelogodb/,.png]</value>
    </variable>

ImageImage

ImageImage

Indded faster, got my ssues tough...
i did it because listitem.icon gives me http:** and even the path is set it wasnr avail ( CCurlFile::Exists - Failed: Timeout was reached(28) for http://).

BUT INDDED YOUR METHOD THE OTHER WAY ARAOUND WORKS BETTER, ESPECIALLY WHEN PROVIDE A LOCAL PATH AS SOURCE FOR CACHING ;-)
(2021-11-13, 02:11)mardukL Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-11-12, 22:23)kobyboy Wrote: [ -> ] 

Indded faster, got my ssues tough...
i did it because listitem.icon gives me http:** and even the path is set it wasnr avail ( CCurlFile::Exists - Failed: Timeout was reached(28) for http://).

BUT INDDED YOUR METHOD THE OTHER WAY ARAOUND WORKS BETTER, ESPECIALLY WHEN PROVIDE A LOCAL PATH AS SOURCE FOR CACHING ;-)

I used the same http path as you, so not local. 
if you have problems with the new variable, please give me info about the logos via PM.

Edit:
Test the link with "srp-full" then you will know if the logo server is online (see PM).
And then the new variables should work.
!!! IF SOMEONE GOT ISSUES WITH BLACK SCREEN OR INSTALL FAILING - DONT PANIC

-> SWITCH TO SKIN ESTUARY / CLOSE KODI
              (may manually edit "*\userdata\guisettings.xml"and edit
xml:
<setting id="lookandfeel.skin">skin.swan</setting>
to
<setting id="lookandfeel.skin">skin.estuary</setting>
)

-> REMOVE THE WHOLE MEDIA FOLDER of skin.SWAN directory
-> RESTART KODI and start update the skin again

Issue was a wrong compiled Textures.xbt i pushed to git, Sorry for that, it is fixed now.

PUSHED UPDATE NOW

Changelog version *.1.18~alpha

• Add
        - skinsettings
            ○ PVR OSD - optional go to epg grid window within OSD when select the 'pvrchannelguide button' (using  always 'horizontal 2row layout' unadjusted colors )
            ○ PVR GRID
                - Hide/Show Channel Name & Number - available via menucontrol viewtype setting  - (default show)
                - select timline timespan (ca. 1h , ca. 2h, ca. 4h) - available via menucontrol viewtype setting - (default ca. 2h)
                - possibility to define neary every color for the grid (fo vs nf )
            ○ Speacial: the rounded Border Overlay is now optional (even if its nat a Background, the setting can be found in the Skinsettings -> Background Section )
        - adjust pvrchannelguide | pvrosdchannels
        - adjust Video OSD
            ○ PVR : add buttons for - record,teletext,pvrchannelguide,channelosd ( revisit: use of which buttonimages )
            ○ default control set to play/pause Button
        - PVRGuide (tv|radio)
            ○ add larger horizontal layouts (id 51,52), !  UNADJUSTED VERTICAL LAYOUT ( id 53 )
            ○ adjust labels
            ○ custom colors can be used
    • improve|fix
        - improve global menucontrol-sidepanel for better navigation / control movement
        - improve layout for diaogextendedprogressabr
        - MediaWindow and Home Widgets
            ○ Studio ContentContainer - disable bottom tags
            ○ Channel Sourced Content - show epg progress, adjust labels for bottom tags (except circle panel), add possibility to use channels as section layout (make use of channel icons and epg progress)

- Music HUB
            ○ use originalyear again for 'years section'
        - dialogvolumebar - fix missing anim fade out for thumb ctrl
        - dialogvideoinfo + pvrrecordinginfo|pvrguideinfo : fix native buttons (visibility,ids,labels)
Thanks a lot for this great update!
And nice to see that you fixed the black screen issue
Also many thank for the update from my side. Glad you solved the black screen issue. I have customized the look of the TV guide to my needs (colors etc.) and it now looks fabulous. Now I can get rid of the "1und1-TV App" and use the native PVR system of Kodi. I only think that the recording section could need some attention especially as to the viewtype. Also I would love to have the option to show the running tv screen in the background (or as a small icon) when jumping back into the TV guide.
Anyone is having any idea why I'm seeing a movie thumb overlapping the movie poster on my OSD pause?
There seems to be a kind of conflict. Have I messed anything up? Huh
(2021-11-14, 11:15)Aaiemron Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks a lot for this great update!
And nice to see that you fixed the black screen issue

(2021-11-14, 15:18)fantasticn Wrote: [ -> ]Also many thank for the update from my side. Glad you solved the black screen issue. I have customized the look of the TV guide to my needs (colors etc.) and it now looks fabulous. Now I can get rid of the "1und1-TV App" and use the native PVR system of Kodi. I only think that the recording section could need some attention especially as to the viewtype. Also I would love to have the option to show the running tv screen in the background (or as a small icon) when jumping back into the TV guide.

Thanks alot ;-)

(2021-11-20, 12:35)Anomen Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone is having any idea why I'm seeing a movie thumb overlapping the movie poster on my OSD pause?
There seems to be a kind of conflict. Have I messed anything up? Huh

You did nothing wrong, but i.

will fixed as soon i found time to update skin for repo...
( i missed spmething in a visible condition, already fixed in github if that helps)
(2021-10-24, 11:03)Aaiemron Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to add fanart as layout in the widget attributes setting?
That's because the nextup widget uses thumbs

Goodmorning.

Did you maybe find time to think about this question?

Maybe it's an option to add episode thums as a widget layout?

So that in that case Landscape would be the real Landscape picture and Episode thumbs for people who prefer that.
Or just add fanart as a widget layout?

Thanks