Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: S W A N (alpha , updated April-2022)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is the update to do with the fact that every time i select a film or tv show I am face with  page full of yellow stripes across the screen?
Sorry disregard my previous post.When selecting a film or tv show instead of seeing a page of streams there is a black page with one yellow band across the screen.I can move the band down and it appears there is a link underneath it but nothing is seen.It looks like black text on a black screen.
First of all, what a wonderful and awesome skin this is !
Since the new update, labels in settings were fixed, but in the display of (link)sources (scraping results) of certain add-ons, the text still isn't visible or displayed. You can only see the codec or resolution of the link.
I guess it has to do with the adaptation of the fonts.
Many, many thanks for all your work!
(2022-01-29, 19:00)hostile17 Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry disregard my previous post.When selecting a film or tv show instead of seeing a page of streams there is a black page with one yellow band across the screen.I can move the band down and it appears there is a link underneath it but nothing is seen.It looks like black text on a black screen.

sounds strange,
can you post a log and say in which case this happen ( home, media window view type).
(2022-01-29, 20:05)jogo2908 Wrote: [ -> ]First of all, what a wonderful and awesome skin this is !
Since the new update, labels in settings were fixed, but in the display of (link)sources (scraping results) of certain add-ons, the text still isn't visible or displayed. You can only see the codec or resolution of the link.

i take a look soon.
i batch renamed font related tags, seems indeed not all fixed.

thx for report!
(2022-01-29, 20:45)mardukL Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-01-29, 20:05)jogo2908 Wrote: [ -> ]First of all, what a wonderful and awesome skin this is !

i take a look soon.
i batch renamed font related tags, seems indeed not all fixed.

thx for report!
This sounds like the exact problem I have.
@hostile17 , @jogo2908 

i browse trough some window and dialog and could'nt face the issue, which not means that everything is fine.

Can you descripe on which case (what do you do) AND MORE IMPORTANT on which windows/dialogs the labels missing.

to lookup
you can enable debug mode via keypress when using maybe via via keymaps
xml:

<F6>Skin.ToggleSetting(SwanDebug)</F6>
<F7>Skin.ToggleDebug()</F7>

F6 enable skin debug overlay - on right the red labels are relevant - system.currentwindow and system.currentcontrolid
F6 kodi debug overlay - on top it shows current window/belonging xml

I guess i know what they are talking about. it happens in some addons (not going to mention which but ones with so called "fancy" source select). Just replaced the new font xml with the previous version and fixed it, so that's where the problem lies, the previous font xml had more lines so must be some of those but I'm no expert on coding neither is something that is affecting me.
(2022-01-30, 15:04)Fevid Wrote: [ -> ]I guess i know what they are talking about. it happens in some addons (not going to mention which but ones with so called "fancy" source select). Just replaced the new font xml with the previous version and fixed it, so that's where the problem lies, the previous font xml had more lines so must be some of those but I'm no expert on coding neither is something that is affecting me.

Yepp, but i need to now which window.
if it is a plugin/addon defined window it need to be resolved there.
as it most likely use an font defined by estuary ( e.g. font10 ) in its window.

but so what, i take a look to merge fonts
for compability from estuary
as can interfere with any custom plugin defined window xml which uses such fonts ( as they supposed to work with estuary )

PUSHED UPDATE
    • fonts :
        - compability for addon provided dialogs/windows which supposed to support just kodi default skin (estuary)

• new Viewtype 520
        - cast when trailer added - WIP, expect bugs n layout changes

now

fixed
(2022-01-30, 15:28)mardukL Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-01-30, 15:04)Fevid Wrote: [ -> ]I guess i know what they are talking about. it happens in some addons (not going to mention which but ones with so called "fancy" source select). Just replaced the new font xml with the previous version and fixed it, so that's where the problem lies, the previous font xml had more lines so must be some of those but I'm no expert on coding neither is something that is affecting me.

Yepp, but i need to now which window.
if it is a plugin/addon defined window it need to be resolved there.
as it most likely use an font defined by estuary ( e.g. font10 ) in its window.

but so what, i take a look to merge fonts
for compability from estuary
as can interfere with any custom plugin defined window xml which uses such fonts ( as they supposed to work with estuary )

PUSHED UPDATE
    • fonts :
        - compability for addon provided dialogs/windows which supposed to support just kodi default skin (estuary)

• new Viewtype 520
        - cast when trailer added - WIP, expect bugs n layout changes

now

fixed

This new viewtype fits great with youtube channels subscription thank you!
This skin is looking really great, I'm using for quite a ling time now and seeing it grow and how stands now has been amazing, well done sir!!!
Something I always add to the swan_menucontrol is the ability to reload skin and reboot to android options from the power menu as I'm using it on a Coreelec build on a sd card and from time to time i boot on android to play openlara.
One thing I don't know how to add but that I think would be beneficial for some like me would be a coreelec access from the settings menu as you have now for prime/disney+/embuary/tmdb etc.
Everything displaying well, after the update.
Thanks a lot for all your work and this amazing skin !
(2022-01-30, 21:57)jogo2908 Wrote: [ -> ]Everything displaying well, after the update.

Thanks, glad it working as expected now.
(2022-01-30, 20:03)Fevid Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-01-30, 15:28)mardukL Wrote: [ -> ]..

This skin is looking really great, I'm using for quite a ling time now and seeing it grow and how stands now has been amazing, well done sir!!!
Something I always add to the swan_menucontrol is the ability to reload skin and reboot to android options from the power menu as I'm using it on a Coreelec build on a sd card and from time to time i boot on android to play openlara.
One thing I don't know how to add but that I think would be beneficial for some like me would be a coreelec access from the settings menu as you have now for prime/disney+/embuary/tmdb etc.
Thanks a lot for the kind words, never thought i took me so long ( especially when i am still at alpha stage)
reload skin is already available within the menu control panel when it is slided out.

For reboot, i am not sure, but i think its not possible on android os.
Or what you mean by reboot to options ?
(2022-01-30, 22:07)mardukL Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-01-30, 21:57)jogo2908 Wrote: [ -> ]Everything displaying well, after the update.

(2022-01-30, 20:03)Fevid Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-01-30, 15:28)mardukL Wrote: [ -> ]..

Thanks a lot for the kind words, never thought i took me so long ( especially when i am still at alpha stage)
reload skin is already available within the menu control panel when it is slided out.

You're welcome, even in alpha it's more complete than most and i use it everyday Smile

I know it's on the menu control i just added myself to power menu for ease of use as i'm used to click the power menu for shortcuts.
The other option i added to the power menu was reboot to android, the box will reboot to android system instead of the coreelec/libreelec, basically a [System.ExecWait("/usr/sbin/rebootfromnand")]
(2022-01-30, 23:38)Fevid Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-01-30, 22:07)mardukL Wrote: [ -> ]

(2022-01-30, 20:03)Fevid Wrote: [ -> ]This new viewtype fits great with youtube channels subscription thank you!

You're welcome, even in alpha it's more complete than most and i use it everyday Smile

I know it's on the menu control i just added myself to power menu for ease of use as i'm used to click the power menu for shortcuts.
The other option i added to the power menu was reboot to android, the box will reboot to android system instead of the coreelec/libreelec, basically a [System.ExecWait("/usr/sbin/rebootfromnand")]

ok. got it.

i plan to let user custom define entrys anyway.
so for that special case,
providing the ability to "prompt/set" a custom built in action ( like main menu entry shortcut settings, unsure about specisl characters ) is a must have.
Hey, I have a small request! Can we have a paused indicator when we pause the video in the same style as seeking?