Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi music player sleeping screen/power-saver issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After disabling the screen saver in Kodi and the firestick 4K, the TV still goes to sleep (as it should as that is the desired configuration) due to the TV thinking that there is no video being played on the TV. I don't want to disable this on the TV as I like power-saver mode. There isn't any issue during TV show or movie playback, its only music playback that this occurs with. I really don't want to disable it on the Firestick or Kodi either.

This behavior is desired and normal when you aren't watching a video, movie, or TV, however it is a pain if I'm at the desk listening to music for any extended period of time and like having the OSD and player screen displayed at all times. The music continues to play after the TV goes into sleep mode which is a good thing, however the remote has to be fiddled with and Kodi has to be selected to get back to the GUI once the TV screen wakes up. It comes right back up and left on the kodi screen where I left it before the TV went to sleep, so it isn't removed from memory. On a side note I couldn't find a setting on the TV to turn power-saver mode off (and I really don't want to). It would be nice if it could be set to fake out the screen/power savers as long as the player is playing. Once music playback is paused or stopped - then the "there is nothing happening" timer should kick in and sleep-mode behavior goes back to normal.

Even though this is probably the desired behavior, is there anyway to fake out the FireTV screensaver and/or TV power-saver to think that video is being played as long at the Music Visualization screen OSD, or other music player screen is active? Maybe a option for playing music where you can enable some sort of background video flag to tell the TV that something is happening so the firetv stick and/or TV screensaver doesn't kick in?  That way you have control over it if you decide you do want to firetv stick or the TV to go to sleep/power-saver mode with music still playing.

Is there a setting I am missing to enable this behavior is is this considered a feature request?