Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Artwork filesnames not following settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm on tinyMediaManger 3.0.5
I was hoping to have my artwork in the movie folder but without the filename.
I have only the simple names checked in the artworkfiles names (ie Poster.ext, fanart.ext, etc...) and not the <movie filename>-poster.ext, etc...
However, when I manually add artwork or scrape it, a new image is named with the filename-artworktype, for example: "test movie-poster.jpeg"
I've tried clearing my sources, closing/opening, re-adding sources and I'm still seeing this behavior.
What am I doing wrong, or there some intionality for the "artwork filenames" settings I'm missing?
I only noticed this when existing artwork named "poster.jpg" wasn't being picked-up from tinyMediaManager.
If you use the renamer afterwards, is this corrected according your settings?
If not, please create a screenshot / listing of all files in this movie folder (recursive) and/or upload the logfile to some pastebin site...
(2019-10-24, 23:16)myron Wrote: [ -> ]If you use the renamer afterwards, is this corrected according your settings?
If not, please create a screenshot / listing of all files in this movie folder (recursive) and/or upload the logfile to some pastebin site...
I'm not using the renamer as I've already manually named the videos or used FileBot.
Do I need to be using the renamer to correct the problem, ie files are not being created at the start with my preferred filename format?
Update: I tried the renamer just to check, and it does indeed change the image names to my settings for artwork filenames.
I also checked and the .nfo file is being made at the start with my desired settings (moviename.nfo) and not the default "movie.nfo"
Update, update: Repeated whole process since using the automatic naming, and it seems to work correctly now. I think for some reason if you've never used the renamer it won't work? Need to test if new stuff with a "poster.jpg" will be seen correctly if it is a new item.
Okay, I figured out the issue. Since I was testing I was adding specific movies directly, rather than from one more folder above.
tinyMediaManager was being smart to avoid filename conflicts and forcing the movie name in filename.
When I moved my two test folders to another folder and added only the parent folder it worked correctly.
--also defaults to the moviename-poster.jpg when there are more than one video file in a folder, ie two versions of the same film.
Sorry for the wasted time. My mistake.