Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi and infrared Remote issues "ask for PVR instead of open context menu"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Kodi community.

I'm an new user here and i have a issue that i have used 2 full days trying to fix. But i can't find any fix howto guide on the matter. I used google and search of the forum. But again came sort.
So i turn to you guys.

I have been using Kodi 17.4.2 and 17.6 on my Qnap for a bit over 4 years with out any issues. I have an infrared remote there looks like this Remote
Note: that the remote was not programed as it came with the Qnap box so the one from the video is just to show the remote.

Heres what have happend:
The Qnap needed it's firmware updated and the new stable kodi was 18.4. So i had both installed. Updated all apps there came with the new firmware update.
Kodi opens up just fine. But when i want to open the context menu on any given fil. It ask for an PVR addon to be installed, insted of opening the Context menu. So i can't add folders to libraries, mark files as watched/unwatched.
The remote worked just fine on kodi 17.6 where both Home- and options bottem (The 3 lines with v marks) had the funktions as there shoud have. Home bottem went to home menu and the 3 lines open the dropdownmenu (context menu) to mark as watched/unwatched, Resume play, Add to Library etc.

On Qnap the install is gonna be seen as a complete clean install

I hope that someone can help me with this issue.

Sorry for my bad english Wink
It sounds like the remote key that used to do the context menu is now mapped to something like "open guide."  You might try downloading Keymap Editor to see if you can remap that key back to the context menu.
(2019-10-30, 18:35)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]It sounds like the remote key that used to do the context menu is now mapped to something like "open guide."  You might try downloading Keymap Editor to see if you can remap that key back to the context menu.

Thx. Found it a few hours later after making the post. And the addon worked. Just funny that it got remapped in the first plaze just from another ver. to the other.
I’m having the same problem, I’m on Kodi 18, I have installed the Keymap Editor addon, but still I’m not able to figure out how to remap the contextual menu key on my Qnap remote.
For example, if I go to File Manager I want to be able to open the contextual menu when I highlight a file.
Another question, how to get rid off the PVR start whenever I click the contextual menu button?

Thank you!
I have solved it from the Keymap Add-on:
Global - Navigation - Context Menu

Now my next question is how to map “ i “ button from the keyboard to -> Information (usually available from Context Menu)