Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Bug: Visual - Enter Master Mode text not shown in power/ shutdown menu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@bsoriano 

Thanks for the help yesterday, as in the title.
When using a password to lock access to various areas of Kodi, the 'enable master mode' text is shown as leave master mode.

I hope you don't mind if i create a couple of threads regarding a few things i'm keen to find out how to change.
(2019-10-30, 14:21)Captain_Tactful Wrote: [ -> ]@bsoriano 

Thanks for the help yesterday, as in the title.
When using a password to lock access to various areas of Kodi, the 'enable master mode' text is shown as leave master mode.

I hope you don't mind if i create a couple of threads regarding a few things i'm keen to find out how to change.
@Captain_Tactful , I will look into that, I have never used that option.  

And by all means, please create any threads you wish.  I might not be able to accomplish everything you would like, but I will give it a go.

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano 

Hi, sorry for the delay in replying, found out they got rid of control over HTTP GET and after a few days scratching my head, I'm gonna have to revert to IR commands.

Back to the topic.
This is only a visual bug, so no biggie atm.
FYI The 'enable master mode' is an extension of the master lock feature, which IMO, is one half of the main reason to use Amber as a skin - You can slim down the the interface and stop people from messing with settings. It only shows itself on the shutdown/power menu and only when you turn the master lock feature on.
I only show the movies, tv shows, live tv, radio, and quit options on the home screen. Hiding various other options means there's no access to the settings without knowing the PIN.
Combine this with a restricted universal remote and there's also no access to the context menu.
Thought it wise to give you the full picture regarding my current setup so you can better understand any requests I have.

regards