Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: JSON call to establish TV show name, epsiode details, season etc in one http call
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Im creating a universal remote in javascript and need a call to establish :

1. TV Show Title
2. Season NUmber
3. Episode Number
4. Art
5. Episode ID

I can get the information through VideoLIbrary.GetTVShows and a VideoLIbrary.GetEpisodes call but not all together to be able to use all the information to display in my remote. Can anyone help?

John
(2019-11-01, 23:58)Wallace479313 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Im creating a universal remote in javascript and need a call to establish :

1. TV Show Title
2. Season NUmber
3. Episode Number
4. Art
5. Episode ID

I can get the information through VideoLIbrary.GetTVShows and a VideoLIbrary.GetEpisodes call but not all together to be able to use all the information to display in my remote. Can anyone help?

John
python:
    def onPlayBackStarted( self ):
        json_result = xbmc.executeJSONRPC('{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"XBMC.GetInfoLabels","params": {"labels":["VideoPlayer.Title", "Player.Filenameandpath", "VideoPlayer.MovieTitle", "VideoPlayer.TVShowTitle", "VideoPlayer.DBID", "VideoPlayer.Duration", "VideoPlayer.Season", "VideoPlayer.Episode", "VideoPlayer.DBID", "VideoPlayer.Year", "VideoPlayer.Rating", "VideoPlayer.mpaa", "VideoPlayer.Studio", "VideoPlayer.VideoAspect", "VideoPlayer.Plot", "VideoPlayer.RatingAndVotes", "VideoPlayer.Genre", "VideoPlayer.LastPlayed", "VideoPlayer.IMDBNumber", "ListItem.DBID", "Container.FolderPath", "Container.FolderName", "Container.PluginName", "ListItem.TVShowTitle", "ListItem.FileNameAndPath"]}, "id":1}')

Does that not do it?
Hi,

Thanks for the reply, Ive never used this call before. It gives good info about whats playing but I want to scrape the TV library and be able to retreive the items such as id to enable click to start for the shows.

John