Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Search for original title, not just title
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It will be nice if it will be possible to search for a TV show using its original title name, and not just using its title.
In my case, most of my TV show titles are in Hebrew, where the original title name is in most cases in English. Sometimes I don't know the Hebrew name for the show, but I do know the English name, but I cannot search for it.
I am sorry - we have no influence how the meta data site (tvdb/tmdb) searches for the shows.. we just pass the search term to their API
(2019-11-02, 16:30)mlaggner Wrote: [ -> ]I am sorry - we have no influence how the meta data site (tvdb/tmdb) searches for the shows.. we just pass the search term to their API
If the source title is correct ie matches the database used by scraper it should work, I have a lot of anime and whomever creates the entry in the TVDB database under their rules must have original title Japanese or English + date, so its down to the user & data preparation and a lot of hard work
(2019-11-02, 16:30)mlaggner Wrote: [ -> ]I am sorry - we have no influence how the meta data site (tvdb/tmdb) searches for the shows.. we just pass the search term to their API

I mean for the internal search box in the GUI, not when scrapping a TV show.
okay, now we're talking of the same thing Big Grin
Yes, this is not yet possible for TV shows but for movies.. the original title for TV shows has been implemented later and I may have overseen that the search should be added to the original title too.. 

I will add this for the next version