Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ServerWMC Freezing - 1.0.0.63 build 1257
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I am running ServerWMC 1.0.0.63 build 1257 on my Windows 7 x64 machine with WMC and two Ceton InfiniTV 6 tuners and latest EPG123 to populate the guide.

I use both Emby and Kodi, and I noticed that sometimes my serverwmc freezes randomly. 

Please see the following PasteBin that shows the error: ServerWMC_Freezing_20191105

Any ideas what is causing this?
I need to see how serverwmc is configured, please restart serverwmc and after it starts post its log file again.
(2019-11-05, 18:19)krustyreturns Wrote: [ -> ]I need to see how serverwmc is configured, please restart serverwmc and after it starts post its log file again.

I will send you a PM with a pastebin of my config
I really just want the beginning part of the serverwmc log, because it shows the differences between your config and the default config - its too hard to go through the hundreds of setting in the config file.  So please post the serverwmc log.  Sorry for the confusion.
Sure, I'll PM you that instead
It seems to be a problem related to Emby, but right now I'm not sure of the cause.  Could it correlate with you running live-streams from an Emby client?  Next time it happens, see if serverwmc stops hanging if you shutdown the Emby server.  Also what version of the emby-server are you running?
(2019-11-05, 21:23)krustyreturns Wrote: [ -> ]It seems to be a problem related to Emby, but right now I'm not sure of the cause.  Could it correlate with you running live-streams from an Emby client?  Next time it happens, see if serverwmc stops hanging if you shutdown the Emby server.  Also what version of the emby-server are you running?

its possibly related to Emby. Yes, it typically happens with Emby streams from my ubuntu 18.04 LTS machine while I am running Kodi streams on windows machines. ServerWMC stops running and shows a dialog box saying the app has terminated. These are live streams, not recording playback. 

I have setup a script that checks to see if serverwmc replies to the http status page and restarts it if it doesnt. 

I am running 4.3.0.19 beta Emby Server
Wait... I thought the problem was serverwmc was hanging, not crashing  I see the crash now in the first log you sent (note to self, don't look at log files on a phone).  It looks like the problem is with an illegal character in a file path that is making serverwmc crash.   The error is causing window's 'filesystemwatcher' to throw an uncaught exception.  Filesystemwatcher is used by serverwmc when you turn on the deletion of metadata files in your configuration.  So if that's right, turning off the deletion of metadata files should stop the crash from happening.  Would it be possible to turn off this setting - as an experiment - to see if the crash goes away?  I can't recall, but you may need to restart serverwmc after turning off this setting for it to go into effect.

Or maybe the problem is somehow related to that bat file you are running when a recording completes.  Maybe just try the metadata thing for now.
(2019-11-05, 21:59)krustyreturns Wrote: [ -> ]Wait... I thought the problem was serverwmc was hanging, not crashing  I see the crash now in the first log you sent (note to self, don't look at log files on a phone).  It looks like the problem is with an illegal character in a file path that is making serverwmc crash.   The error is causing window's 'filesystemwatcher' to throw an uncaught exception.  Filesystemwatcher is used by serverwmc when you turn on the deletion of metadata files in your configuration.  So if that's right, turning off the deletion of metadata files should stop the crash from happening.  Would it be possible to turn off this setting - as an experiment - to see if the crash goes away?  I can't recall, but you may need to restart serverwmc after turning off this setting for it to go into effect.

Or maybe the problem is somehow related to that bat file you are running when a recording completes.  Maybe just try the metadata thing for now.
It is definitely related to the metadata deletion, maybe related to emby locking some of the files looking to be deleted? I'd rather keep this feature enabled so that my RecordingTV directory remains clean after MCEBuddy handles WTV to MKV conversion. 

The execution of that bat file on recording completion is something  I added yesterday - it is unrelated to this crash issue. The crash issue is definitely related to the filesystemwatcher and metadata deletion. Any other debugging to turn on to give you more insight to the problem?
I was only suggesting you experiment with turning it off, but if you are sure that's the cause then I guess its not necessary.  I actually didn't write this part of the code, but looking through what the author did I can see where I can add more exception handling and maybe that will stop the crash (and possibly show why it is happening in the first place).  I'll get back to you when I have something to test.
(2019-11-06, 00:42)krustyreturns Wrote: [ -> ]I was only suggesting you experiment with turning it off, but if you are sure that's the cause then I guess its not necessary.  I actually didn't write this part of the code, but looking through what the author did I can see where I can add more exception handling and maybe that will stop the crash (and possibly show why it is happening in the first place).  I'll get back to you when I have something to test.
Much appreciated! Thank you for continuing to support this app. Its critical to my setup
Actually looking at his code more closely it looks pretty solid.  I noticed that you are watching two other folders other then your recorded tv folder, is that necessary for filesystemwatcher too?
(2019-11-06, 01:21)krustyreturns Wrote: [ -> ]Actually looking at his code more closely it looks pretty solid.  I noticed that you are watching two other folders other then your recorded tv folder, is that necessary for filesystemwatcher too?
No it isn't. Only the main Recorded TV folder is required. Those other two folders are failed conversions or DRM wtv files
Can you remove them from the folders that wmc watches then?  He wrote the code so that anything wmc is watching (recordedtv + watched folders) gets automatically watched by filesystemwatcher.
My ears were burning so I figure I'd pop in and remind everyone that there is absolutely no warranty whatsoever and that guy who wrote the metadata cleanup code is a total hack :-) Unfortunately, there was no graceful way to receive notification of deleted files without using the completely overkill .Net filesystemwatcher interface.

It's been a long time and my development environment has since been lost. Hopefully removing the folders from monitoring works or Krusty can help!

Scott
Pages: 1 2 3