Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Metadata Editor - Update library + .nfo informations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Alright, I was testing very quickly. I'm now correctly using 
xml:
<onclick>RunScript(script.metadata.editor,action=setuserrating)</onclick>
, were it works! movie.nfo <userrating> is correctly updated.

However, when Emby refreshes the entry with the new .nfo, the rating disappears from Kodi. The movie.nfo correctly states 
xml:
<userrating>3</userrating>
, but Kodi displays "No rating". I don't understand why this happens. I know you work with Emby, so I was hoping you could help me.

https://i.ibb.co/GMRK9NR/norating.png
Emby is using the user rating table for the rotten tomatoes rating to have it stored as a number 10< and to have it available everywhere. As far as I remember this is optional and could be disabled during the initial setup process.
Hmm I'm not finding much when looking at Emby settings, and searching on their forum it seems a certain star rating system was removed or changed sometime late last year. I'm gonna take it there on their forums to see what's going on.
The user rating is pretty much useless if you use it together with Emby. Emby doesn't have a own user rating. It's not synced and you will loose it on every resync.
Oh no... yes, I'm seeing that's the case now that the tag is finally written. I've been using <userrating> on Kodi with Emby for a while, and it worked because I wasn't writing the tag to the .nfo. But precisely because of this, the tag was internal to Kodi, and whenever the item was refreshed, I'd lose the rating. It would also cause the rating not be shared across devices. So I thought, if I could write it to the .nfo, then it would be sorted out.

I don't see a solution to my problem with the current features of either Kodi or Emby. I don't want to bug you too much, but I think it would be a very welcomed solution for mine and other cases, if you added an action that writes a <tag> directly.
xml:
RunScript(script.metadata.editor,action=set,tag,mainrating3)
This could help people who want to set static custom statuses (watched, watch later, favorite, like, dislike, etc) through a button or keymap. The present "select tag" editor is very close to this, but of course it's not direct writing (useful for skinners), and it includes all tags (for example, Emby imports movies with a "movie" tag, which would be included among the selection for a star rating).

For my problem, a direct writing call would not just solve it, but add support for multi-user rating, as I could skin a "Rate" button that diverges into "Rate for me" and "Rate for guest", each with star buttons with <onclick> RunScript functions. The only problem with this would be that if you rate an item 3 stars, and then later rate it 2 stars, the item would feature both "mainrating2" and "maintrating3" tags, causing the skin layout to display both. This could then be solved with an opposite call of
xml:
RunScript(script.metadata.editor,action=remove,tag,mainrating3)
, that way every star could include <onclick> actions to remove the other tags, and then write the desired one.

I think these two would add a lot of flexibility to Kodi and solve features I've seen asked around in the forum. I really hope you can consider adding them.
Hi there, I recently discovered this addon. One of the features I would like to use is the option to change the "date added" for a movie.

If I try to do so, by using the context menu and selecting:
- metdata editor
- open editor
- date added,

a numeric keyboard appears on my screen.

But how do I select the hyphen to enter the date correctly (in Dutch: yyyy-mm-dd) and how do I select the colon to enter the time correctly (hh-mm-ss). It seems that the on display keyboard is missing the option to enter punctuation marks.

I'm using the Aeon MQ7 Leia mod skin.

RegardsImage
Skin issue. Try Estuary and you will see the difference
(2020-04-08, 15:32)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]Skin issue. Try Estuary and you will see the difference
Thanks. I'll contact the skin developer.
(2020-04-08, 15:08)MB1968 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there, I recently discovered this addon. One of the features I would like to use is the option to change the "date added" for a movie.

If I try to do so, by using the context menu and selecting:
- metdata editor
- open editor
- date added,

a numeric keyboard appears on my screen.

But how do I select the hyphen to enter the date correctly (in Dutch: yyyy-mm-dd) and how do I select the colon to enter the time correctly (hh-mm-ss). It seems that the on display keyboard is missing the option to enter punctuation marks.

I'm using the Aeon MQ7 Leia mod skin.

RegardsImage
I just tried it out in Aeon MQ7 Leia mod skin and it works perfectly. Select month (04) then day (08) and the year is entered ......no need for a hyphen!
Wanted to ask a couple questions, if I may.  I think I saw a few posts back that the nfo gets completely written instead of the modified value.  I not sure exactly what that means.  A problem I encountered is with a nfo that is for a double episode i.e. "Blindspot - S04E21E22 - Masters of War 1-5 - 8 + The Gang Gets Gone (HDTV-720p h264 - EAC3 5.1)".  When I mark the episode watched, the nfo is rewritten and the plot for the first episode is duplicated.  Hard to explain (I can post the nfo here).  Is there anyway that the nfo is left intact except for the watched state?  Also, this editor changes both <playcount>0</playcount> and <watched>true</watched> correct?  Really appreciate your work on this!  Great add-on.
Sualfred:

I installed the editor and saw an option to scrape tvshows. Does this option decide if rating and votes get updated from tvdb or tmdb? Can we do both?

Is it possible to also update top250 for movies? Are you open to add other ratings that I'm not sure that Kodi would read? traktv, letterboxd

There is an older script that updated imdb ratings only if the changes in votes was higher than 1%. It makes the update faster  https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=167754

Would you consider an option that updates nfo and db?

Thanks
Hello @sualfred!

Great addon! I have a quick stupid question:
once I had a tv show and a couple of movies with local nfos that Kodi wouldn't import. I did so only after I added this first line to the nfos:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>

Most of my nfos generated with mediamanagers have this line but not those nfos that were updated with Metadata Editor.
So is this first line not necessary at all, just nice to have?

And maybe I've missed this but can Metadata Editor also edit the audio language tag?
Thank you very much.
Best regards,

N.
Thanks, can confirm this issue. Will be fixed.
The audio/video stream informations like the language tag are fetched from the file
(2020-06-15, 18:14)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, can confirm this issue. Will be fixed.
The audio/video stream informations like the language tag are fetched from the file
Thank you.
Ok, I thought that the audio language tag value in the NFO takes precedence over whatever audio language information Kodi pulls from the file, at least where the library database is concerned, not of course during playback when you choose the audio track.
I have some very old VHS-Rips with no audio language set in the file's metadata header. I/my media manager used the NFO audio language tag to assign the correct audio language so they turn up when I search for this language. I've always thought that Kodi pulls audio language information from the file, if available, but you can set/correct it using the nfo file and Kodi seems to use the nfo information.
If you see a way to make Metadata Editor set/correct an audio language tag entry, that's all I was hoping for. Regardless, thank you very much for help + work.
Best regards,

N.
@newbii 
A fix for the Leia version is already on the github repo. Matrix needs some further investigation because maybe I found a general Python bug.

There is no way for me to set video stream details via Kodi/JSON-RPC. The correct way to do this is to fix the header information in your rips.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14