Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Firestick 4k - Store userdata on NAS or USB drive?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Due to the size of my library, I am really pushing up against the storage limits on my Firestick.  My question is 1) can I move the userdata to a NAS or USB drive connected via OTG cable and 2) How will it affect the performance?   I imagine the USB would be much faster than the NAS.
(2019-11-07, 18:22)michaeljc70 Wrote: [ -> ]Due to the size of my library, I am really pushing up against the storage limits on my Firestick.  My question is 1) can I move the userdata to a NAS or USB drive connected via OTG cable and 2) How will it affect the performance?   I imagine the USB would be much faster than the NAS.

I am here looking for an answer to a similar (or maybe the same?) question. I too was running out of space on the Firestick 4K with Kodi and its DB/thumbnails (I assume) taking up over 2GB of space. I have an OTG hub/ethernet/power adapter and successfully expanded storage with a 128GB flash drive. I then moved Kodi to that drive (everything works great, went smoothly), however, Despite 'Kodi' - the app - having moved to the extended storage, it seems the data did not - I still have the 2GB of space taken up on the internal storage.

So my question is: (as yours) Can I move that data, and how - OR, will clearing the data and cache, and rescraping cause the data to write to the location of the app install? If I have to leave my ever-growing DB on the internal, then I have wasted the effort in adding internal space via the flash drive.