Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Microsoft NXE(New Xbox Experience) next-generation Xbox 360 dashboard GUI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Discuss.

I wasn't too sure when I first saw the screens but now I've seen it in motion I quite like it.

So who's going to port it to XBMC?Wink
Hitcher Wrote:So who's going to port it to XBMC?Wink

Someone with brass balls and a fantastic lawyer, I'd have thought.
I think it's ok. Better than the 1st gen that's for sure. I mean, that looked quite cool but imo it had serious usability issues.
But I guess I don't really get why they seem to want to reinvent the weel with this. I don't get why they don't just extend on MCE.
The avatar type thingies remind me of a certain other console though Rolleyes

djh_ Wrote:Someone with brass balls and a fantastic lawyer, I'd have thought.
I don't think it's a big risk as long as you don't literally rip the resource and just recreate it. I don't think Blackbolt ever got into any trouble for the MC360 skin.
Looks like they ported Gates nerdy children for the community section :p
Jeroen Wrote:I don't think it's a big risk as long as you don't literally rip the resource and just recreate it. I don't think Blackbolt ever got into any trouble for the MC360 skin.

Very true. Perhaps the bigger issue would be that the MS version's still WIP. It should change quite considerably before it launches.
From the looks of it, Microsoft is going for a Web 2.0 look, still a bit empty, but guess that will be solved when themes are enabled.

Jeroen Wrote:I don't think it's a big risk as long as you don't literally rip the resource and just recreate it. I don't think Blackbolt ever got into any trouble for the MC360 skin.

What I've heard is that Microsoft was bugging Team Blackbolt about MC360, he had to prove that every graphic was all own made.
i don't know, but i want lego batman.
I honesty think it looks terrible and was made for a 5 year old child compared to the sleak modern one we have now
i agree with Jezz. Not my type of look but hey, i just use the 360 for gaming so don't really care. i'll still have my xbmc.
Looks to me like Microsoft borrowed a lot of ideas from Apple TV and Apple FrontRow for this 'new' concept.

'New Xbox Experience' Dashboard In-Depth Video Walkthrough:
http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/sep/...kUOZCx.php

More (different) YouTube videos:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Ey4C2bw8Hk8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cELkiUM0q3s

I for one think that Apple did a better job with Apple TV than Microsoft did with this new GUI skin for their Xbox360.

Rolleyes
i seriously hope you're gonna be able to choose which skin to use >_< becuase i woudlnt wanna bloat my 360 with that SadSad
Hey, I already mentioned this here! Oh well, someone better delete that thread then,

Yeah, it looks a little to me like they taken some insperation from "Mii-space" (sorry dunno what its actually called, not a Wii owner) and a little bit of "Home" (mind you Sony probably wont finish that... ever) as well as some from a certain Homebrew Media Centre, that we know MS have kept there eyes on...
Pages: 1 2 3 4