Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: host not allowed connect with mariadb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After setting up a new syn box i have troubles making database om mariadb on my syno
I get either this fault: unable to open database (Host xxx.xxx.x.xxx is not allowed to connect on this MariaDb server)
or user eric is not allowed .........
I've setup mariadb  5 and 10 same probs on both
Made user eric with pw advanced settings.xml same user and pw
made no db with name eric
How do i go from here?
Had it runnuing on my previous testbos with xpenology
Did you grant the MySQL user the correct privs to be able to read/write to the database you're trying to create/use?

There are some more details on the wiki (MySQL (wiki)) which may help, although it's a little beyond Kodi itself hence the advanced/experimental tags.
(2019-11-09, 09:52)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]YDid you grant the MySQL user the correct privs to be able to read/write to the database you're trying to create/use?

There are some more details on the wiki (MySQL (wiki)) which may help, although it's a little beyond Kodi itself hence the advanced/experimental tags.

Yes i did give the user all privs to read and write with grant all
(2019-11-09, 11:16)ikkeenjij36 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes i did give the user all privs to read and write with grant all

If you log into the mariadb server as that user and then do show grants; what does the output say ?

It should be something like this
sql:
MariaDB [(none)]> show grants;
+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Grants for xbmc@%                                                                                            |
+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'xbmc'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY PASSWORD '*EC4F5173DE994BFEAB7040A4A32B4ED6DE26F6F0' |
1 row in set (0.02 sec)

Sounds like you may have only granted privileges for that user on the local machine, instead of network wide.
(2019-11-09, 11:32)black_eagle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-11-09, 11:16)ikkeenjij36 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes i did give the user all privs to read and write with grant all

If you log into the mariadb server as that user and then do show grants; what does the output say ?

It should be something like this
sql:
MariaDB [(none)]> show grants;
| Grants for xbmc@%                                                                                            |
| GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'xbmc'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY PASSWORD '*EC4F5173DE994BFEAB7040A4A32B4ED6DE26F6F0' |
1 row in set (0.02 sec)

Sounds like you may have only granted privileges for that user on the local machine, instead of network wide.  

How do i do that?
by ssh or in the phpadmin ?
i made it on localhost ,or should i make it on any host? with %?
removed mariadb5 and 10 on syno
reinstalled mariadb 10
made a user eric grant all on %
now it connects to the maria db but it cant make a db on it now?
(2019-11-09, 12:14)ikkeenjij36 Wrote: [ -> ]it cant make a db on it now?

What does the Kodi logfile say ? See Debug Log (wiki) for details on how to find and upload it somewhere.