Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Get decoded frame before it is played
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone, i have very specific question and i am not sure if i picked right forum for this question.
Currently i am developing real-time game and i want to add support for KODI, what i need is decoded frame before it is shown on screen where is located in source code of kodi or ffmpeg, so i can use openCV or manually to overlay data over frame and then just continue to play frame with overlaid data in kodi. 
If anyone wonders why i can't overlay data before and just play video is because i need data to be overlaid in real time. 

Thanks in advance.
(2019-11-11, 00:04)bojan1611 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everyone, i have very specific question and i am not sure if i picked right forum for this question.
Currently i am developing real-time game and i want to add support for KODI, what i need is decoded frame before it is shown on screen where is located in source code of kodi or ffmpeg, so i can use openCV or manually to overlay data over frame and then just continue to play frame with overlaid data in kodi. 
If anyone wonders why i can't overlay data before and just play video is because i need data to be overlaid in real time. 

Thanks in advance.
The frame decoded is on function GetPicture.
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/249709...g.cpp#L602