Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Raspberry Pi 4 Model B warranty Claim in Pakistan.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys
This is Ayesha from Pakistan, I'm an Engineer and I always use Raspberry pi 4 model b here in Pakistan for my projects. It has been 1 hour that I'm searching and reading here my concern topic but I was not able to find it. I had a confirmation of Raspberry Pi 4 model B warranty. Few months back I have purchased some Raspberry Pi 4 from w11stop and it all had 1 Year manufacture warranty. Now I called them back and asked for 6 of them replaced but they said me to contact the company of Raspberry in London. I’m confused & that is why I'm writing here.
Can anyone please suggest me what step should I take?
Thank you so much in advance. I really need your replies.
Thread moved to Off-topic.
This is really not a question for Kodi.

You purchased a number of Raspberry Pi's at a company. You now want to return 6 of them for whatever reason.
Your purchase "contract" is with the shop you bought them from. Deal with them.
(2019-11-11, 11:42)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]Thread moved to Off-topic.

You purchased a number of Raspberry Pi's at a company. You now want to return 6 of them for whatever reason.

You are technically correct however this can change per Country, as each Country can have their own trading and supply laws.

I am from the UK and my xbox controller broke on a bundle that I brought from Amazon. I could not return the bundle to be replaced as they had stopped the bundle that they was selling. I could only send back and they would have given me a refund. However, if I wanted a replacement controller then I had to send the controller to xbox in Germany.

I could not send the controller back to amazon to be replaced. Also on Amazon they have a certain time limit now that you can request for it to be returned, the returns will be a clickable option for so long and then it goes away.

Also with Amazon they advertise other people's stores, so like ebay it is not ebay that is selling you the product it is Tom Jones, so really your contract is with Tom Jones and not ebay.

Pakistan is a bit like China when it comes to things being returned you pretty much have zero fall back on. 

Also the fact that he wants to return six at one time is a bit worrying to say the least. If it was just the one, then he might have had better service but six. He could be buying dodgy pi's from ebay that are listed as broken, and then trying to send them back to where he had purchased six before hand.

He could also be breaking the manufactures guidelines and voiding his warranty, so in the end he will have no consumer rights.

E.G removal of this sticker voids warranty.

I would suggest to the original poster, get in contact with the Pi company unless you have a Government office which deals with trading. We have trading standards in the UK, and also small claims court, both of which takes time and effort.
(2019-11-13, 15:33)Video Titles Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-11-11, 11:42)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]Thread moved to Off-topic.

You are technically correct however this can change per Country, as each Country can have their own trading and supply laws.

I am from the UK and my xbox controller broke on a bundle that I brought from Amazon. I could not return the bundle to be replaced as they had stopped the bundle that they was selling. I could only send back and they would have given me a refund. However, if I wanted a replacement controller then I had to send the controller to xbox in Germany.

I could not send the controller back to amazon to be replaced. Also on Amazon they have a certain time limit now that you can request for it to be returned, the returns will be a clickable option for so long and then it goes away.

Also with Amazon they advertise other people's stores, so like ebay it is not ebay that is selling you the product it is Tom Jones, so really your contract is with Tom Jones and not ebay.

Pakistan is a bit like China when it comes to things being returned you pretty much have zero fall back on. 

Also the fact that he wants to return six at one time is a bit worrying to say the least. If it was just the one, then he might have had better service but six. He could be buying dodgy pi's from ebay that are listed as broken, and then trying to send them back to where he had purchased six before hand.

He could also be breaking the manufactures guidelines and voiding his warranty, so in the end he will have no consumer rights.

E.G removal of this sticker voids warranty.

I would suggest to the original poster, get in contact with the Pi company unless you have a Government office which deals with trading. We have trading standards in the UK, and also small claims court, both of which takes time and effort. 

Hi guys
Thank you so much for you kind replies. I appreciate your time.