Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Help needed to make Stub files work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Everybody, decided to switch to Kodi from MediaPortal after a very long period of using it and so far it looks awesome. I have a very large DVD/BluRay collection which I am trying to add to the library but I have been unsuccessful so far. 

My Setup
The new Nvdia Shield TV Pro
Kodi 19.4 Leia from google play store
Ethernet Gigabit connection to the network
All Media (video files and stub files) sit on a synology NAS 1010+ mapped to the library through NFS drive setup

My Library of movie files is properly organised. Movie Name (Year) folder and within the folder Movie Name (Year) file. Adding the already organised video file library was a breeze and the scrapper picked up successfully all the metadata. My next step was to add my offline movies into the library. After some research, I tried to do so via the stub files feature. One of my offline movies is North by Northwest a 1959 classic. To do so I created a stub file named North by Northwest (1959).dvd.disc out of a text file in notepad and I added that to my library under a folder named North by Northwest (1959).

Within the .disc text file I have the following text:

<discstub>
  <title>North by Northwest</title>
  <message>DVD: No 1</message>
</discstub>

I also added a .nfo file North by Northwest (1959).dvd.nfo with the following text within in the same folder

https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/213-nor...uage=en-US

I have tried multiple library builds from scratch, updating the DB multiple files but the movie remains invisible. I am not sure what else to try. Obviously I don't want to spend time creating stub files for multiple offline content if I can't make this one work

Your help will be highly appreciated

Regards
A
(2019-11-11, 18:06)totopsgr Wrote: [ -> ]Kodi 19.4 Leia from google play store
Typo: I meant Kodi 18.4
Please do no splatter your topic all over the forum in multiple threads. If your original thread needs to be moved to a different forum section just ask.
@totopsgr

What you have described there is correct and should work. Maybe check the file encoding of the nfo and disc files you created to ensure they are in UTF-8 format...

If that is not the problem, then can you provide a Debug Log which captures you trying to scrape the movie

Might be of some help... https://kodi.wiki/view/Media_stubs