Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can't get TV logos easily with MP TV Server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello
I finally managed making work MP TV Server (Thanks @margro) with Kodi including tv guide.
Only missing TV logos. In Kodi general settings / PVR i can manage tv channels and add a logo. But it is individually for each channel. Lot of stuff.
How can i get logos in a easy way ?
Like in 'simple PVR addon' you can choose where getting logos : xmltv, M3U, ... could be great (my M3U includes tv logos link).
Thanks for help, share and ideas
Hi!

My first post after almost 10 years... Tongue. I'm just starting to re-discover Kodi as I've got a brand new Android TV box.

I had the same doubt as you, and I still have to test, but I remember to have seen a setting (may be in PVR section) to give a "icons directory". I'll try to share my MediaPortal windows machine tv thumbs dir, and get them from there.

Sorry I can't be more exact right now, as I'm far from my TV Box. I'll try tonigh, if my childs let me. Smile

bye!
(2019-11-25, 16:46)peque Wrote: [ -> ]Hi!

My first post after almost 10 years... Tongue. I'm just starting to re-discover Kodi as I've got a brand new Android TV box.

I had the same doubt as you, and I still have to test, but I remember to have seen a setting (may be in PVR section) to give a "icons directory". I'll try to share my MediaPortal windows machine tv thumbs dir, and get them from there.

Sorry I can't be more exact right now, as I'm far from my TV Box. I'll try tonigh, if my childs let me. Smile

bye!
Here you have what I found, right in the wiki:

https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/TV/Menu_OSD
Yesterday night I tried that solution, and it worked like a charm. I must say I come from a running MediaPortal setup, so I already had a directory inside MediaPortal ProgramData with all my tv channel icons correctly named, so it was easy to access that from Kodi.

bye!
Thanks.
I started naming tv png files in a dedicated folder. 
It's quite long to do but It works.