Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: “Kodi” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Trying to install KODI 18.4 Leia on mac OS X 10.15.1 but when I launch I get this error message: “Kodi” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software. Can anyone help?
Settings - Security&Privacy - General - press Allow (or something like that). The Catalina solution is easily googled.
I have the same problem on macOS Mojave (10.14.5) with the current 18.6 release. There is no Ssystem Preferences / Security & Piracy / General Allow option pertaining to Kodi. Happened on an iMac and on a mac-mini. This dmg file seems to be different because 18.5 installed without a problem on both systems. Any ideas?
(2020-03-09, 02:10)czarnik Wrote: [ -> ]I have the same problem on macOS Mojave (10.14.5) with the current 18.6 release. There is no Ssystem Preferences / Security & Piracy / General Allow option pertaining to Kodi. Happened on an iMac and on a mac-mini. This dmg file seems to be different because 18.5 installed without a problem on both systems. Any ideas?

just tested on 10.14.6: couldn't reproduce. First I saw "Verifying..." progress bar and then this:

you're right that 18.6 dmg is different: the app and dmg are signed now.

standard trick to bypass app not being able to launch is:
Code:
sudo xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine /Applications/Kodi.app

btw are your Macs connected to the internet when you're trying to launch Kodi?
(2020-03-09, 09:23)kambala Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-03-09, 02:10)czarnik Wrote: [ -> ]I have the same problem on macOS Mojave (10.14.5) with the current 18.6 release. There is no Ssystem Preferences / Security & Piracy / General Allow option pertaining to Kodi. Happened on an iMac and on a mac-mini. This dmg file seems to be different because 18.5 installed without a problem on both systems. Any ideas?

just tested on 10.14.6: couldn't reproduce. First I saw "Verifying..." progress bar and then this:

you're right that 18.6 dmg is different: the app and dmg are signed now.

standard trick to bypass app not being able to launch is:
Code:
sudo xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine /Applications/Kodi.app

btw are your Macs connected to the internet when you're trying to launch Kodi? 
Yes, both macs have internet access.

The 'standard trick' has no effect - same error message. The mac OS is Mojave (10.14.5) not 10.14.6
right-click - Open also doesn't help? also this: https://www.webnots.com/how-to-open-bloc...e-warning/
(2020-03-09, 14:30)kambala Wrote: [ -> ]right-click - Open also doesn't help? also this: https://www.webnots.com/how-to-open-bloc...e-warning/
This (right click open) finally worked on Mojave. Also, upgrading to mac OS Catalina (10.15.3) worked normally.