Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "In Progress" movies keep coming back
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a problem, where a large number of movies (600+) keep appearing as "in progress" with anywhere from 1 to 1000+ seconds viewed. I first did a "reset resume position" for 100+ movies individually, but they came back. I just went in now and deleted the records in the myvideoXX.db, but they have reappeared again.

I would be greatful for any help, and glad to provide more/better information.
(2019-11-17, 13:37)montymaverick Wrote: [ -> ]I first did a "reset resume position" for 100+ movies individually, but they came back. I just went in now and deleted the records in the myvideoXX.db, but they have reappeared again.

All that data is kept in the MyVideos116.db file. Let's start with you providing us a debug log (wiki).
Make sure that debugging is enabled as well as the Database component.
Then restart Kodi and do your "resume thing" for a couple of movies
After that, provide the log file.
(2019-11-17, 13:43)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-11-17, 13:37)montymaverick Wrote: [ -> ]I first did a "reset resume position" for 100+ movies individually, but they came back. I just went in now and deleted the records in the myvideoXX.db, but they have reappeared again.

All that data is kept in the MyVideos116.db file. Let's start with you providing us a debug log (wiki).
Hi Klojum,
Thanks for the quick response. I've turned on debugging and will let it run for a while and, once the movies reappear, I will upload the log and respond.
(2019-11-17, 14:28)montymaverick Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-11-17, 13:43)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]

Hi Klojum,
Thanks for the quick response. I've turned on debugging and will let it run for a while and, once the movies reappear, I will upload the log and respond. 
Hi Klojum,
After going into the MyVideos116.db and deleting all the erroneous entries, I opened a couple of playlists and watched a movie. After I went back to the in progress playlist all the movies were back.

Debug file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/332yrd4892feb0t/Kodi.rar?dl=0
cpp:
2019-11-17 13:55:08.188 T:26373 ERROR: SQL: [Textures13.db] SQLite error SQLITE_IOERR_WRITE (disk I/O error)

Your HDD/SSD/motherboard may have a hardware problem, or your database file got a bit corrupted...?
(2019-11-17, 15:48)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]
cpp:
2019-11-17 13:55:08.188 T:26373 ERROR: SQL: [Textures13.db] SQLite error SQLITE_IOERR_WRITE (disk I/O error)

Your HDD/SSD/motherboard may have a hardware problem, or your database file got a bit corrupted...?

I will check it out, but that doesn't explain the reoccurring movies, does it? If so, what can I do?
(2019-11-17, 16:27)montymaverick Wrote: [ -> ]but that doesn't explain the reoccurring movies, does it? If so, what can I do?

If write access to the database is somehow compromised, then no changes will be written, and the old situation/values/settings remains.
(2019-11-17, 16:32)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-11-17, 16:27)montymaverick Wrote: [ -> ]but that doesn't explain the reoccurring movies, does it? If so, what can I do?

If write access to the database is somehow compromised, then no changes will be written, and the old situation/values/settings remains. 
I had copied the db locally and edited it, and copied it back to the device, and it worked...but then the other movies came back. 

Do you have any suggestions?
Came back after a library update or just came back?
(2019-11-18, 10:50)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]Came back after a library update or just came back?
That's actually a good question. I can shut off the library update, edit the db again, copy it back to the Kodi, open up a couple of playlists, and play a movie and see what happens.
(2019-11-18, 16:14)montymaverick Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-11-18, 10:50)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]Came back after a library update or just came back?
That's actually a good question. I can shut off the library update, edit the db again, copy it back to the Kodi, open up a couple of playlists, and play a movie and see what happens. 
It appears to happen when I do a library update. Also, I am using local NFOs.
(2019-11-19, 08:49)montymaverick Wrote: [ -> ]Also, I am using local NFOs.

Do they have resume points?

xml:
<resume>
  <position></position>
  <total></total>
</resume>>
(2019-11-19, 19:34)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]

xml:
<resume>
  <position></position>
  <total></total>
</resume>>

Hi Hitcher,
I started to wonder about that after my post. :-) I will check tonight. It would explain alot. ;-)
(2019-11-20, 09:34)montymaverick Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-11-19, 19:34)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]

xml:
<resume>
  <position></position>
  <total></total>
</resume>>

Hi Hitcher,
I started to wonder about that after my post. :-) I will check tonight. It would explain alot. ;-) 
Sadly, no, there are no resume tags in the NFOs.
Do you use Trakt?
Pages: 1 2