Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: EPG does not update, what am I doing wrong?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi! I am humbly aware of that I am probably doing something wrong here. I use the Simple IPTV Addon, which works great for viewing. However, the EPG provided by the vendor onyl works for a couple of days after I populate the url in the settings area. It is pretty clear to me that I need my client to update the EPG. I have a refresh rate set (every 60 minute), and it should fetch the EPG info for the next 3 days I think. But apart from this, what needs to be done?
Or is the vendor's EPG that is bad?

Is it a way of creating my own EPG (does a guide for this exist?) that can make me overcome this issue?
Do you have caching enabled in the addon settings?
(2019-11-18, 17:41)phunkyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have caching enabled in the addon settings?
@Exile82 you did not respond.
(2019-11-18, 22:19)phunkyfish Wrote: [ -> ]@Exile82 you did not respond.

Haha, sorry man, don't know what happened. I wrote a response on my phone and posted it, I thought.
But the reply was that I didn't change any default settings, at all. I notice that I in PVR settings, Guide, have the option to not to cache locally set to true. Should that be set to not true maybe?
I should also add that I am running on CoreElec, but I didn't connect the problem to  a Kodi branch, but rather to an issue I am experiencing with this crossfunctional addon. I use the default settings
@phunkyfish is probably correct. The cache setting in Kodi Settings->PVR is probably enabled. I think it's labeled "Do not cache guide". If your EPG URL is a direct xml file then you can try downloading it and storing it locally. Then just tell IPTV Simple client to load from file instead of URL. I would try that with a couple of downloaded EPG and see if it updates.
There is a setting in the addon (not the main PVR settings) to cache the epg file locally: “Cache XMLTV at local storage”. Can you try disabling the caching and see does it work then?

If it works after changing that setting then I’ll need to make another change so You don’t need that workaround.
(2019-11-18, 23:48)phunkyfish Wrote: [ -> ]There is a setting in the addon (not the main PVR settings) to cache the epg file locally: “Cache XMLTV at local storage”. Can you try disabling the caching and see does it work then?

If it works after changing that setting then I’ll need to make another change so You don’t need that workaround.

Thanks! I will check this today!!
(2019-11-18, 23:48)phunkyfish Wrote: [ -> ]There is a setting in the addon (not the main PVR settings) to cache the epg file locally: “Cache XMLTV at local storage”. Can you try disabling the caching and see does it work then?

Hi, sorry for the late response, but I wanted to see how it worked over an extended period of time, not just a day or two. But, it works perfectly when not having the cache option checked.
Cool, thanks for responding.

Ok, so that means I need override the cache settings when refreshing.