Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Strange behaviour with extras folder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,

I was looking around for a media manager and now I found TinyMediaManager and I want to give it a try.

Something very strange happens, when I have extras folders (e.g. for DVD/BluRay extras).

The following three cases all happen simultaneously:
1. Contents of the Extras folder is listed correctly at the tab Media files
2. The Extras folder is completely ignored, the movies are not imported separately and the movies don't appear at the tab Media files
3. The movies within the Extras folder are imported as separate movies themselves.

I do not understand, why TMM is doing that. "Extras" is always written the same way, no matter if uppercase or lowercase.

What could I do to find the problem?
could you give us some real examples (file listings) of movies/folders where it gets detected wrong?
Example 1: Alien
Screenshot from Tiny Media Manager, as you see, there are no extra files in the set, but there is one file. This one file is also not imported as separate movie. It is completely ignored.

Example 2: Toy Story 2
Screenshot from Tiny Media Manager, as you see, each extra movie clip is added as a new file.

folder structure and TMM log file:
https://paste.kodi.tv/recagomoki.kodi

It doesn't matter if Extras is written Extras or extras.
yes, you hit two special cases

a) the movie alien contains more than one movie files in the folder -> the folder is detected as a multi movie folder and thus no extras can be assigned to the movies (to which movie should the extras belong to)
b) the folder hierarchy of the extras is too deep -> we're not (yet) able to detect extras this deep.. the extra video files have to be directly under extras or at max one level deeper
(2019-11-26, 14:16)mlaggner Wrote: [ -> ]yes, you hit two special cases

a) the movie alien contains more than one movie files in the folder -> the folder is detected as a multi movie folder and thus no extras can be assigned to the movies (to which movie should the extras belong to)
b) the folder hierarchy of the extras is too deep -> we're not (yet) able to detect extras this deep.. the extra video files have to be directly under extras or at max one level deeper

As I don't want to ruin my folder structure of the extras (they're arranged exactly like in the DVD or BluRay menu), is there a way to ignore all folders named extras?
+1 for a fix for this Smile

I arrange my extras in this same way and running into this exact same problem.
Slightly nested the extras folder a few levels deeper.
You might want to run latest nightly and give this a try.
Remove all the wrongly detected extras and corresponding movie(s) first...
I'm still owing an answer.

Yes, it's working much better now! I only had one suggestion:
Can we put a Path to the Media files list? All files in extras are listed without any information from which subfolder it would be

Besides I just notice, that Extras for TV shows are not shown in the Media files (but the folder is preserved upon Rename & Cleanup)