Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: When will the UWP version update to 18.5?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I noticed that although 18.5 standalone is available while the UWP is still at 18.4?  Does anyone know the timeline for updates to the windows store for kodi?  Thank you.
As soon as possible, but really can't say exactly when that will be. There is an issue releating to the building of addon binaries that we need to solve, and the expert in that area is aware and looking into it. Then there will be a couple of days to clear the store certification process etc.

The build for UWP is quite dfferent from all other platforms, and the team currently lacking in Windows application development/deployment expertise, which makes matters harder. But a 18.5 build will appear in the Windows Store as soon as we can make it.
(2019-11-26, 16:07)DaveBlake Wrote: [ -> ]As soon as possible, but really can't say exactly when that will be. There is an issue releating to the building of addon binaries that we need to solve, and the expert in that area is aware and looking into it. Then there will be a couple of days to clear the store certification process etc.

The build for UWP is quite dfferent from all other platforms, and the team currently lacking in Windows application development/deployment expertise, which makes matters harder. But a 18.5 build will appear in the Windows Store as soon as we can make it.

Thank you for the reply.
It has taken a while to get there, but I'm happy to say that v18.5 has now been published at the Windows Store
please rollback it doesn't work well now
(2019-12-10, 20:55)UserXXX Wrote: [ -> ]it doesn't work well now

You'll need to be way more specific that this.
The input.stream adaptive seems to be used by many addons and it is missing on xbox 18.5, can't play 1080 p or change any advanced settings in youtube app now all options are greyed out which effects many addons, more addons fail to load more often go straight to files page, less links go through overall. Builds no longer seem very stable more freezes, random power downs. Windows and android 18.5 are still great but on xbox 18.4 was much better was very good update, still had common cache error(still same) but that was only error before for most part. It's unfortunate we have no option to rollback on this device I think 18.5 uwp may have been pushed a bit too soon. It seems I will have to try and cast for now somehow but much preferred it native on console b, I hope if you can't roll back that you guys can add it back in 18.6/19 or it will render more old working addons obsolete.
We would like to see that full debug log (wiki) file of your problematic Kodi setup. As replied to your other post regarding add-ons, the same applies to 'builds'.
Anything facilitating video piracy in any way is found, and our support to you will be halted.
You don't want to see the log I guess I install builds and repositories(sorry?) just please add input.adaptive back on xbox for greater good of humanity if possible not just for me or roll back because 18.4 just is a much more refined product. #nokodiaddonleftbehind I'm sure I can find others from the official repository asides from youtube if I hunted. Any addons that scalps youtube is not the quality it should be. I believe addons that use inputstream helper are also effected inadvertently. If you are still interested I can post log elsewhere but reboots/ glitches don't seem to be showing as errors just the one error input stream not supported. Could you or anyone by chance offer any words of advice to translate the 2.42 input stream working with windows 18.5 for capability with xbox? Near impossible or doable?