Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: hardware requirements
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Currently I have an older NUC runing windows 7 and kodi.  It is ok but I cannot play any 4k or 2160p videos.  The NUC can't handle it.   Wondering what I should be looking for as far a processor/graphics to be able to handle these better quality videos.
There are Android boxes, there are newer Intel NUCs... Is the 4K resolution your only requirement? And what about budget?
HDR is still an ongoing process as far as implementation in Kodi goes.
(2019-11-27, 16:31)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]There are Android boxes, there are newer Intel NUCs... Is the 4K resolution your only requirement? And what about budget?
HDR is still an ongoing process as far as implementation in Kodi goes.

Obviously budget is somewhat of a concern, but I am unsure what I should even be looking at.  My goal is to run Kodi, be able to view 2160p videos with no issues, run emulators via launchbox, and have wireless/bluetooth controllers connected.  

My current NUC is getting rather finicky with USB connections so any bluetooth/wireless adapter is out.  Can't display 2160p videos, and can't run emulators from Launchbox.   I have plenty of RAM.  I a fairly sure the issue is the CPU and on-board graphic processor.  This NUC was reclaimed from an informational display system and was never really set up to do anything strenuous.