Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: excludefromlisting for Music?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I know I can remove file extensions from the library scan using the advancedsettings.xml, abd it seems to work fine, but can I remove certain file extensions from the fodler view? In the video options there ist excludefromlisting to do this if I understand it correctly, but there seems to be no such option for music?
While I use the library for my RockPop collection I prefer to exclude jazz, classical music and audiobooks. It would just clutter up the listings, and most of the time I find unsing the folder view more intuitively anyway. In these folders I tend to have stuff that I want to keep but generally don't listen to (or duplicates in various qualities) zipped in archives. Is it somehow possible to exclude these archives from the folder view?

Thanks,
vonson
I'm not 100% sure but for music I think you use the audio variants see https://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml#audio
(2019-11-28, 23:06)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not 100% sure but for music I think you use the audio variants see https://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml#audio

Thank you, that is kind of weird, I never noticed that it is icluded here in the audie section. Further above, where the options are explained, it is only mentioned under video, so i assumed it would not work for audio. Kind of stupid... I'l try it immediately.
Something else I noticed - in the video section it is mentioned under library settings...?... But as far as I understand it it should not affect the library but the files view...?...
However, I'll do some experimentation.
btw - can I edit a post here to correct typos?...
New members can't edit posts as a spam prevention measure, if you stick around and build a post count edit will eventually appear.

It appears exactly as you expect

Quote:<!-- Regular expressions that if evaluated to true won't be added to library. -->
<excludefromscan>
<regexp>[-\._ ](podcast)[-\._ ]</regexp>
</excludefromscan>

Quote:<!-- Regular expressions that if evaluated to true won't be displayed in Files View -->
<excludefromlisting>
</excludefromlisting>

Above taken from wiki, note the comments in bold.
(2019-11-29, 00:22)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]New members can't edit posts as a spam prevention measure, if you stick around and build a post count edit will eventually appear.

It appears exactly as you expect
Quote:<!-- Regular expressions that if evaluated to true won't be added to library. -->
<excludefromscan>
</excludefromscan>
Quote:<!-- Regular expressions that if evaluated to true won't be displayed in Files View -->
<excludefromlisting>
</excludefromlisting>

Above taken from wiki, note the comments in bold. 
Thank you so much, it does work. I feel pretty stupid for not simply trying it without asking, sorry for that.
skin dependent
look at nodes
https://kodi.wiki/view/Music_nodes
use plugin.library.node.editor
xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<node order="10" type="filter">
<label>RockPop collection</label>
<content>artists</content>
  <match>all</match>
   <rule field="genre" operator="is">
       <value>Rock</value>
   </rule>
</node>
click on highlight

(2019-11-30, 02:24)the_other_guy Wrote: [ -> ]skin dependent
look at nodes
https://kodi.wiki/view/Music_nodes
use plugin.library.node.editor
xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<node order="10" type="filter">
<label>RockPop collection</label>
<content>artists</content>
  <match>all</match>
   <rule field="genre" operator="is">
       <value>Rock</value>
   </rule>
</node>
click on highlight

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

I' afraid I don't understand this. Does this mean I can create a custom view mode?