Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to integrate Netflix, Amazon VOD and HBO Go add-ons into Kodi's media library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have the Netflix, Amazon VOD and HBO Go add-ons installed on my Kodi 18.5 (running under Nvidia Shield TV) and I'd like to know how to export all the online content from these platforms to my media library, so that I can view, search and play any video of any platform from this place. Is this possible? How to do it?

Thanks and regards
If you don't mind linking those addons and I'll try and help .
(2019-12-04, 15:50)fusionchip Wrote: [ -> ]If you don't mind linking those addons and I'll try and help .
Ok, here you go:
Netflix addon: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=329767
Amazon addon: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=349255
HBO Go addon: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=339798

Many thanks for any help
Search for LIT, library integration tool add-on
Take a look on OSMOSIS. Exports the strm-files from every Video Add-addon and integrate them into the library.
Thank you all. I will look into it.
(2019-12-04, 18:39)willicooper Wrote: [ -> ]Take a look on OSMOSIS. Exports the strm-files from every Video Add-addon and integrate them into the library.
What is a STRM file?
(2019-12-04, 12:31)boblo Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

I have the Netflix, Amazon VOD and HBO Go add-ons installed on my Kodi 18.5 (running under Nvidia Shield TV) and I'd like to know how to export all the online content from these platforms to my media library, so that I can view, search and play any video of any platform from this place. Is this possible? How to do it?

Thanks and regards
The Netflix and Amazon add-ons have built in methods to add to library - I have used both addons  (although I haven't used the Netflix one in awhile, because it was broken for my setup for a while until just recently) Not sure about HBO Go. 

In Netflix you just open the context menu or long press your select button and choose export to library (you do have to set the directory in the settings, if I remember correctly) 

In Amazon, it's pretty much the same except you would choose "Export Movie" and then "Update Library" - I also found that with the Amazon addon, I have to also go back into the library and refresh the information for each movie so it scrapes artwork, actors thumbnails, logos, etc. 

I'm running a Shield with Kodi 18.5 also.
(2019-12-05, 04:51)starslayer74 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-12-04, 12:31)boblo Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

Thanks and regards
The Netflix and Amazon add-ons have built in methods to add to library - I have used both addons  (although I haven't used the Netflix one in awhile, because it was broken for my setup for a while until just recently) Not sure about HBO Go. 

In Netflix you just open the context menu or long press your select button and choose export to library (you do have to set the directory in the settings, if I remember correctly) 

In Amazon, it's pretty much the same except you would choose "Export Movie" and then "Update Library" - I also found that with the Amazon addon, I have to also go back into the library and refresh the information for each movie so it scrapes artwork, actors thumbnails, logos, etc. 

I'm running a Shield with Kodi 18.5 also.  
Yes, I have already seen those options in Netflix and Amazon VOD add-ons but I don't know how to use them. Could you elaborate a bit? How can I set a directory in media library for Netflix and another one for Amazon VOD? It's not a normal file path, I think. Do I have to use a special:// path? for example, Should I map a Netflix source to special://userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.netflix/ ?

On the other hand, I already have Library Integration Tool installed and works well with Amazon VOD (yes, I can see Amazon movies in my library and even play titles from there), but cannot synchronize contents from Netflix and HBO Go add-ons, so no integration with these services is possible, sadly. Other folks have recommended OSMOSIS but if Netflix and Amazon VOD built in integration is enough.. there is no need to continue searching.

Thanks in advance.